Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav updates

Dylanfan

Hi, 

I’ve got a 2019 Excel HB and I thought I’d just update the maps as they are now coming up the end of the three year free update period.

How can I find the map version that is in the car. The web site says go to settings, general & system information and shows screens that do not relate to my car. When I go to Setting, General in the car there is no system information screen, there is a software information but that is just hundreds of pages of copyright info.

I have found 2 model numbers, a DCU & MEU number. Also a satnav number 1120 and another number 2019 v2. But I can’t enter any of these into My Toyota nav update page because it wants a number starting 6.11.2.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong, or not doing? Talking to my local main dealer did not help ‘cos they say that the 2019 v2 is the number I need.

HELP

5 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Hi, 

I’ve got a 2019 Excel HB and I thought I’d just update the maps as they are now coming up the end of the three year free update period.

How can I find the map version that is in the car. The web site says go to settings, general & system information and shows screens that do not relate to my car. When I go to Setting, General in the car there is no system information screen, there is a software information but that is just hundreds of pages of copyright info.

I have found 2 model numbers, a DCU & MEU number. Also a satnav number 1120 and another number 2019 v2. But I can’t enter any of these into My Toyota nav update page because it wants a number starting 6.11.2.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong, or not doing? Talking to my local main dealer did not help ‘cos they say that the 2019 v2 is the number I need.

HELP

I had a 2019 Corolla and updated the maps every 6 months. You need to be in your MyT account on a PC and look for map updates. The latest one will show up at £119 or free if still under warranty. I think the latest one would be 2022v1 but I cannot check as I no longer have the car and MyT now is different. You download the files to a USB stick which then plugs into the car and takes around an hour to update.

Hi Maurice,

2019 v2 is your map version. The latest version is 2022 v1. The v stands for version. To update you need to go on the My Toyota website and follow instructions. As said by Ian, it's a case of downloading to a USB stick and plugging into your car. There are help topics on this forum on how to do it.

Thanks gents, I did go into My t but it was asking for the version in the car.That is “2019 v” but it wouldn’t accept that. I’ll look again in the morning.

3 minutes ago, Dylanfan said:

Thanks gents, I did go into My t but it was asking for the version in the car.That is “2019 v” but it wouldn’t accept that. I’ll look again in the morning.

Does your car have Apple carplay / Android auto? if so you can download he UK map set over the air, 

• Thanks 1

No, I picked it up in November 2019 so a few months before they became standard.

I’ve realised I can’t verify my car in My T, I didn’t bother to set the system up because I was waiting till I wanted to update the maps.

Now it will not accept that I’m the owner when I try to “verify” the car, so although my car is within the site  when I login, when I enter the “version” and date acquired/registered it fails to accept it.

The car is now booked in at the main dealer for them to update the maps free of charge!

I’ll talk to them when it goes in to find out what I’m doing wrong.

• Like 1

Success!

Well, regardless what my local main dealer told me when I picked up the car new, and when asked if they could add it to the car, Apple CarPlay is already in my car. How come the main dealer didn’t know, I’m techs green so I’ve got an excuse😉

Anyway, after two phone calls to Toyota Customer Relations (excellent service) the car is now “connected” and the maps are up to date. Because the maps were so old (Nov 19) I could not down load the updates straight to the car so had to load to my pc than onto a usb.

If the wed site was better most of the hassle could have been avoided, but it’s rubbish.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dylanfan said:

Success!

Well, regardless what my local main dealer told me when I picked up the car new, and when asked if they could add it to the car, Apple CarPlay is already in my car. How come the main dealer didn’t know, I’m techs green so I’ve got an excuse😉

Anyway, after two phone calls to Toyota Customer Relations (excellent service) the car is now “connected” and the maps are up to date. Because the maps were so old (Nov 19) I could not down load the updates straight to the car so had to load to my pc than onto a usb.

If the wed site was better most of the hassle could have been avoided, but it’s rubbish.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad you got it sorted. I think I may try ringing Toyota regarding my issues rather than the local dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links