Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will Toyota ever put their hybrid drivetrain in the Aygo X?

davidif

13 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Or are they just going to produce this model until 2030 and then stop completely ?

The Aygo X, and before it, the Aygo, have mainly only been European models. The Aygo was so!d in South Africa - however the Ayvo X won't, being replaced by the Indonesian built Agya.

Other markets have different Toyota models - eg the Agya, Wigo, etc.

Presumably the Aygo X may be replaced by a BEV - possibly the small compact crossover BEV concept unveiled earlier this year.

For me, it's all ok what they do.

As long as they don't start with mild hybrids  like Ford and fiat. 

That's a not fish nor meat thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aygo X Hybrid would win for me. Without Hybrid - big NO for me.

It just makes so much sense to me - The cost saving reasons just don't make sense as I keep saying, and there is a market for people who want an actually small compact real hybrid and don't mind paying a premium for it (The Mk4 Yaris still barely qualifies as a small car, but I don't really consider it small any more...!).

I mean heck, there are already crazy fools (i.e. me) throwing over £25k at a *Yaris* :eek:  (And if it had all the toys the japanese one can have I still might have been willing to throw more money at it too!). There are much better cars out there for that kind of money! (But... none that you can cram into a tiny parking space and do 70+mpg while launching it from the lights and hooning about like it's stolen :laugh: )

Plus it would reduce their fleet CO2 levels even more, so they could then sell more GR4's... :naughty: (Gosh, I'd hate to see what the waiting list for those is - There was already a 2 year wait before all the chip shortages and logistics problems started!! :eek: )

24 minutes ago, Cyker said:

There are much better cars out there for that kind of money! (But... none that you can cram into a tiny parking space and do 70+mpg while launching it from the lights and hooning about like it's stolen :laugh: )

Better, how ? Bigger, certainly.

You can get some pretty sweet second hand luxury barges for £25k!

Also classic sports cars!

Many things arguably better, but I'd rather have this :biggrin: 

Everyone that wants Toyota to put a hybrid drive train in the Aygo X, have you all  contacted Toyota directly to ask them?

Pointless bleating on about it on here as Toyota are just not going to see this thread.

What about the Aygo as a full EV? It's SUV like height could make it possible to put a decent Battery pack in the floor. 

Maybe even with a solid state Battery, minimum size, maximum output. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nielshm said:

What about the Aygo as a full EV?

Or the small crossover concept BEV Toyota unveiled at the start of the year:

The bZ Small Crossover previews a smaller member of the bZ ("Beyond Zero") family

Or the small SU EV:

image.thumb.png.7724dc25b3e7d296be4c65dbad91073a.png

These cars or similar will come eventually, doubt a Hybrid in Aygo, might be called something else by then. People think Toyota are behind the curve for BEV, they know what they are doing, BEV is not for the majority just yet, there are plenty of options current and on the horizon 

• Like 2

Agreed; TBH, the cars are mostly fine, they just need higher power density batteries and less fire :laugh: 

When we get to the point where they can pack enough Battery power into something Aygo-sized that doesn't have joke range that'll be the turning point for wider adoption IMHO.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links