Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiper motor

Emmett.Corolla

Hi guys,  I bought a 1995 corolla xli last week and it has a couple of small issues, wiper motor is not working, power to it is good. I took it apart to see if I could clean it up. I tried anyway by cleaning up the copper ring and the  brushes. There are 2 magnets on the motor cap which were glued on and had detached so I tried to re glue them back on. So after putting it all back together when flicking the wiper stalk I could here it trying to work but it didn't. So I have being trying to source one. I am going to a scrap yard tomorrow to get one from a 1997 xli. So just wondering will it be the same as a 1995?. The autofactors I have called said they can't source a new one. I can see refurbished ones on eBay for like £160 so they ant cheap. 

1 hour ago, Emmett.Corolla said:

Hi guys,  I bought a 1995 corolla xli last week and it has a couple of small issues, wiper motor is not working, power to it is good. I took it apart to see if I could clean it up. I tried anyway by cleaning up the copper ring and the  brushes. There are 2 magnets on the motor cap which were glued on and had detached so I tried to re glue them back on. So after putting it all back together when flicking the wiper stalk I could here it trying to work but it didn't. So I have being trying to source one. I am going to a scrap yard tomorrow to get one from a 1997 xli. So just wondering will it be the same as a 1995?. The autofactors I have called said they can't source a new one. I can see refurbished ones on ebay for like £160 so they ant cheap. 

Good luck with your search Emmett, take the old wiper motor with you when visiting the scrappers, one from another model might suit 🤔

Hi Emmitt.Corolla The 3 copper rings are used to supply power one is  common the other two are high & low speed you can try just bending the contacts down slightly to excert more pressure this controls parking position of wiper.

I am gessing the magnets you are on about are for spark suppresion above carbon brushes for motor.(stops radio interference but if absent wont stop motor working)

You can replace carbon brushes just measure across both sides and look for wiper motor brushes angle grinder brushes may be another option if to large by say 1mm rub down with sandpaper.

I am presuming your wiper linkage is not seized up.

20 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Hi Emmitt.Corolla The 3 copper rings are used to supply power one is  common the other two are high & low speed you can try just bending the contacts down slightly to excert more pressure this controls parking position of wiper.

I am gessing the magnets you are on about are for spark suppresion above carbon brushes for motor.(stops radio interference but if absent wont stop motor working)

You can replace carbon brushes just measure across both sides and look for wiper motor brushes angle grinder brushes may be another option if to large by say 1mm rub down with sandpaper.

I am presuming your wiper linkage is not seized up.

I got a good second hand one at the scrap yard and fitted it to find as you said the linkage was seized solid too.

So freedom it up. And not it is like new and working. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links