Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android auto disconnecting

MikeB2

I have had continuous problems with android auto on my Mk 4 Yaris which kept disconnecting. I had to keep unplugging the usb cable and then re-connect. It got really frustrating. I tried different cables that were defined as charging/syncing data but still had the same problem. However after using good old google I found the perfect solution via you tube. One of the contributors had tried 7 different cables and having the same issues as me but he found a cable that solved this problem. I purchased through Amazon and lo and behold, problem solved! I tried it out today and had a 100 mile journey to do and no issues what so ever. It didn't lose connection the entire journey.

If anyone wants the link, here it is and priced at a reasonable cost of £7.99. Money well spent in my opinion. Anyway here is the said cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GN0M6NE?

• Like 1

Great post! As you have found, the quality of cables available varies wildly because of lack of adherence to USB standards and is usually the root cause of Android Auto/Apple Car play problems!

• Like 1

I bought the same cable when experiencing the exact same problem and it worked for me too...👍

Honestly, the issue is in Toyota, and their extremely loose and picky USB ports.