Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange electrical issue on 2013 Aygo

fordulike

Surely if they don't change it they are potentially party to illegally clocking the car by not restoring the original mileage?

They should have a record of the mileage when the car was brought to them, as they *always* take the mileage of the car when taking it in for work, so all they need to do is take the current mileage and add it to what they have on record - No need to even guess!

Even Ford were able to reprogram the odo on my dad's old Focus when we replaced the dashboard due to it just having a total failure just out of the blue. (Although they did charge an excessive amount of money for what should have been a quick job!) They didn't even have a record of the odo, just changed it to what we said, and as it was higher than what was on the latest MOT cert we brought (Back when you got one of those on paper!) they accepted that as reasonable proof.

The mileage is in the Main ecu, B-ecu and the instrument cluster and no doubt other modules so no issue there

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies guys. Much appreciated.

I did get a Toyota health check email today and the original fault was shown as:

'Wiring fault traced to power source relay'

That's exactly how it's worded!

KInda makes sense why the power hungry things like P/S and interior fans refused to work with the issue present.

So, probably the final update on the dealer side of things in this saga.

Service manager rings me again and says they'll not be returning the diagnostic fee, as the actual problem is not covered under the terms and conditions.

He said he'll get the vent fixed and as a gesture of goodwill, give me my next service for free. It's a major, so nigh on covers the diagnostic fee.

Coz I'm not going to lose any more sleep over this, I said I was happy with this. I know some forum members would push and push the dealer, but I'm a move on kinda guy. No point in dwelling about stuff, life's too short!

All in all, not a great experience and has probably pushed me to my local Kia dealer for my next car.

• Like 1

To be fair I'd be happy with that too as the full service is the expensive one, as you say!

But damn they need to work on their customer service skills! I find that here as well, they always phrase things in such a confrontational or defensive way when just saying it a different way would smooth the hackles of everyone involved.

I do sometimes wish I knew what the underlying policies were at dealers as they seem extremely bullish with somethings, yet will cave easily on other things but never seem to link the two together for the same result!

I had that with my Mk2, like they basically said they couldn't do anything for me until I tried probing various options and scenarios I could think of until one of them provoked a "Hmm yes I might be able to do that." type response.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fordulike said:

I did get a Toyota health check email today and the original fault was shown as:

'Wiring fault traced to power source relay'

Anyone know where the power source relay is located please?

39 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Anyone know where the power source relay is located please?

Power source is just referring to where a circuit gets its power from

On 8/7/2022 at 4:27 PM, flash22 said:

It's an odd one, not sure if the blower is a red herring, ABS and EPS have the IG relay in common, ABS, EPS And Blower all have the same C2 earth point, iirc it's located in the footwell

Just to confirm, C2 is to the rear of the heater box, but the diagrams are not that clear

2139669245_kgb10c2andc3earth.thumb.jpg.91beb756258e65655018a278e925e343.jpg

i would pick a system and diag that, ABS or EPS

Do the paper clip test, link the CG and TC and turn the ignition on and count the flashes

677163947_toyotaobd2.jpg.4554c2db796aa643d3323206e6f138d4.jpg

Thinking out loud an ABS fault will cause an ESP issue, as it get the VSS from the abs

• Thanks 1

TBH, since they had another bash at it, the issue hasn't occurred. Started car at least 2 dozen times and everything as normal.

I was just interested at what they could possibly mean by power source relay.

I must admit, I did think from the get go, that it was relay related. Maybe a weak relay, or tarnished contacts to the relay.

The important thing is if it's fixed!! :eek: 

I do wonder if it was just a corrosion thing tho' - Was just watching a video of someone trying to diagnose a non-starting Fiat 500: Had lots of weird symptoms and they checked loads of stuff and removed things etc. but after many dead ends eventually tracked it down to the earth strap to the engine having completely rusted through!

I'd like to think that the car isn't so old that corrosion is the issue.

When I've been crawling about underneath the car, ACF50'ing the brake pipes and union joints, there's surface rust, but certainly nothing to be concerned about.

Same for under the bonnet, engine bay looks in good condition, so I doubt if any earth straps are so bad to be rusted through.

I did give them all the symptoms in a list the 2nd time, so I'm hoping that was enough for them to correctly diagnose the actual problem and fix it for good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links