Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris revs up

Masno

Hello everyone.

I have a 2007 Auris.  It seems to rev up and indicate for me to change the gears up, even when I'm in 5th gear it will sometimes indicate that I need to gear up.  I am by no means a car expert and of course I will take it in to a garage, but I was wondering what the issue might be?

The  car has been excellent over the years and have less than 10 000 miles per year on the clock.

Many thanks

Yeah, it does that. It also does that sometimes when the car is stopped on neutral. It might mean it wants to go, tired of being in the same place for too long...

Don't worry about it.

Maybe it identified as a 6 speed Auris that were sold from mid 2009...

Sometimes it will do things like that, or if you go downhill and put it into neutral, it will tell you to downshift...

Don't know what you mean by car revving up. If you mean it revs up when you change gears, it's by design, revs some 150-200 rpm's, other car's do it too.

Has something to do with emissions, and it also makes for a smoother gear change.

Enjoy the car. Don't worry about problems that are not there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links