Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0 D4D cylinder head removal

Markinker

Hi all. I'm just up to my elbows in this cylinder head removal from my Verso 2.0 D4D and I've come up against a problem. When trying to remove the timing cover, the casing hits the chassis leg before the oil pump slides off the end of the crank. Am I missing something or is it necessary to remove the engine in order to get the head off. Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks, Mark. 

did you remove the arch cover and un bolt the member 4 bolts

I have the arch liner out but will the oil pump come off the crank before the casing hits the chassis leg?. I have about 3mm clearance at the moment but didn't want to get it jammed. Does the cover go out through the bottom rather than the top?. I will remove the lower member tomorrow and give it a wiggle.

Thanks, Mark.

depending on how much room you need, it's sometimes possible to get an extra 20 to 30mm by unbolting some of the powertrain mounts and having the engine resting on a trolley jack (obviously with care!). This can also help to clear chassis leg by raising or lowering the lump relative to body.

I've not had to do that on my Verso so I can't say if it helps a lot. (but It was definitely needed on my yucky Astra J and I'd learnt that trick many decades ago.)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links