Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eco camping

Kental

Just got 68mpg in my Yaris Cross over a 90 mile trip to Lidl and back most was cruise control and 55 mph up and down on hill so cant be bad, mind you its not always like that

33 minutes ago, RDPP said:

Just got 68mpg in my Yaris Cross over a 90 mile trip to Lidl and back

That is a long way to travel for shopping! 😉

• Haha 2

Aye Kental, they were a funny old motor those Maxis, the main things I remember on mine was the 5 speed box, when most of the older cars at that time were 4 speed.

And the huge interior,a very versatile vehicle indeed.

If I remember it was generally reliable and not too heavy on juice.

Although did need regular fettling on points and electrical stuff.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Aye Kental, they were a funny old motor those Maxis, the main things I remember on mine was the 5 speed box, when most of the older cars at that time were 4 speed.

And the huge interior,a very versatile vehicle indeed.

If I remember it was generally reliable and not too heavy on juice.

Although did need regular fettling on points and electrical stuff.

5 speed with non sprung gate.  A non sprung gate may have been common in the 70s, but when I started driving in late 80s the only non sprung gate cars I can remember are the Maxi and a Metro (both A series engines with gears in the sump).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RDPP said:

Just got 68mpg in my Yaris Cross over a 90 mile trip to Lidl and back most was cruise control and 55 mph up and down on hill so cant be bad, mind you its not always like that

You have more patience than me. Managed 65mpg over a tank in our Yaris when the wife was commuting on 50 limit dual carriage ways.

• Like 1

I find the best thing for forcing myself to drive to an unreasonably low speed limit is the cruise control!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

I find the best thing for forcing myself to drive to an unreasonably low speed limit is the cruise control!

Doesn’t work for me, there is an up button. Even worse in the Corolla, a light press is 5 mph.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do wonder why they did that as that's a very coarse graduation, esp. with a digital dash. It seems like they're using a newer system in the updated Corolla so hopefully it'll be more like the Yaris (i.e. press for 1mph change, hold for 5mph)

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I do wonder why they did that as that's a very coubik graduation, esp. with a digital dash. It seems like they're using a newer system in the updated Corolla so hopefully it'll be more like the Yaris (i.e. press for 1mph change, hold for 5mph)

Don’t say that, I’ve only just got my my22. 
It will be a very boring post if I do a compare and contrast between the Corolla and Yaris.

I am choosing to be fair and wait until I put all season tyres on the Corolla rather than the dreadful Falkens.

Also, sometimes I would prefer the Yaris infotainment even without the Nav to the ‘improved’ my22 version. Granted it gains wireless CarPlay and built in live nav, but as they’ve not increased the screen size when they removed the physical buttons, it is a retrograde step 

• Like 3

Oh and the ‘improved’ new super system has no facility for split screen that the old one has. What a pile of s@@t

• Like 1

Its suprising how many overtake you when you are sticking to the 20 MPH speed limit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kental said:

Oh and the ‘improved’ new super system has no facility for split screen that the old one has. What a pile of s@@t

Split screen?

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Split screen?

Like a home screen with media info as well as other info on the screen. Like the mpg and radio info available at the same time in the Yaris.

• Like 1

The trend of using screens in cars, a lots of them and in some cars as large as home tv’s  It couldn’t be more wrong and dangerous. One screen mid size to adjust car settings while stationary and to go dark when in motion it’s perfectly fine and enough. Obviously the screen game is like the larger wheels with low profile tyres., no one need them  but everyone wants them. Here is my favourite screen option on car with screen, does Toyota has that option? .🤐🖥

845E245D-CC66-4DAF-830B-0ACFD17364F8.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kental said:

Like a home screen with media info as well as other info on the screen. Like the mpg and radio info available at the same time in the Yaris.

Oh, the home screen, got ya.

Wait, they got rid of the Home screen?? So you can't e.g. have the quick-dial, mpg/hybrid system status and mini music player all displayed at the same time on the new system?? :eek: 

What have they replaced it with??

This is the sort of thing I really wish they'd add more customization options too...

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The trend of using screens in cars, a lots of them and in some cars as large as home tv’s  It couldn’t be more wrong and dangerous.

The one in the BMW i4 is the worst one I've seen so far - It literally looks like they forgot to put in a dash and quickly sent some intern down to PC World to get the widest monitor they could and then just B&Q'd it in :laugh: 

image.png.af04dfac2183e518f371372517ce4128.png

I mean seriously, what were they drinking and/or smoking to approve that as a good design?? :wacko: :laugh: 

• Like 1

It was probably the cheapest option 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Oh, the home screen, got ya.

Wait, they got rid of the Home screen?? So you can't e.g. have the quick-dial, mpg/hybrid system status and mini music player all displayed at the same time on the new system?? :eek: 

What have they replaced it with??

This is the sort of thing I really wish they'd add more customization options too...

You just have a choice of CarPlay, Nav, Media, Car items (eg energy flow), Settings or Web browser.

• Like 1

At least Toyota have physical buttons for the climate controls.

I’ve had cars with this all on the screen, a real pain. You have to take your eyes off the road while you go through the menus to find the right screen just to change the temperature, I hated it, it’s so dangerous.

• Like 4

Exactly, this is what I am talking about. I can’t understand why those stupid screens and yokes ( jokes) are not banned or controlled by the authorities. I never like that, I tested it early days back in 2015 with Peugeot that had everything on screen back then, horrible experience. But who am I to say it….

https://apple.news/APLX1czWRSAGWGc9oHpeivw

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, Kental said:

You have more patience than me. Managed 65mpg over a tank in our Yaris when the wife was commuting on 50 limit dual carriage ways.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cyker said:

You know what where i live its all small narrow country lanes with a 50 MPH speed limit and sometimes if there are Trucks on them you cant pass them so being a tad older now i find sometimes its just best to relax and go with it on cruise in fact i go everywhere on cruise when i can, my last trip coming back from Lidl Bantry (below) was jsut that and i acctually got 3.9 per 100k so in old money thats 72.43 MPG and ive still only done 2,777 k, (not even run in), in it but my biggest bug bere is the Android Auto System sometimes it works with all three options ie Phone Mirroring and others its only Phone and Media which i use to listen to the BBC also the Toyota Sat Nav often drops out or says Error, i contacted Toyota.eu and i am working with a man in my Local dealer who told me there is apparently a sim in the Head display so i guess if thats not hooking up to the Dublin Base it wont work, pretty poor really, i cant even plug my phone in using the cable as i used to do with the CH R as it just goes balistic when i try, when i was chatting with the Tech guy he said that Toyota favour Apple Phones over others but how true that is who knows as i have seen others on this forum who have Apple phones and issues with Car Play, the phone i have is a high end Samsung Galaxy Note 20 so its not the phone, now i just have to put up with it untill Toyota acctually sort it out oh and one other thing to get some genuine Toyota wind deflectors to fit to the car the only place i could find them was in New Zealand !! €198 or £166 plus post and packaging why because Toyota EU offer such limmited accsesories, yes i could get cheaper versions that push up into the window but they only jam when the window goes up and eventually fall out thats why i want Toyota ones that stick to the outside . . . . . . . . Happy days eh Folks 🙂 Oh yes has anyone seen the new Corolla Cross coming soon in 2023 but already out in America, Canada and the Pacific nations?

Take Care and Happy safe motoring

Screenshot_20220822-103351_MyT.jpg

th-2999826165.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, 50p said:

That is a long way to travel for shopping! 😉

Yeh it is but its way cheaper than the local supermarket where i live which is ok for the basics but as im well retiered and live alone i see it as getting out for an hour or so plus i get to stock up on good quality grub 👍 Town i live in is Called Castletownbere west cork, Lidl is in Bantry        https://goo.gl/maps/GMtRBiH9c79Vq5ns6

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 7:10 AM, Dylanfan said:

At least Toyota have physical buttons for the climate controls.

I’ve had cars with this all on the screen, a real pain. You have to take your eyes off the road while you go through the menus to find the right screen just to change the temperature, I hated it, it’s so dangerous.

I have no personal experience but it seems Tesla have removed a bunch of buttons, having to a touch screen to set up automatic wipers seems like technology gone mad.  What is wrong with a twist dial on a stalk around the steering wheel.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, Kental said:

Ok so now its 2023 and the Car is 6 months old and i have still only done 3980.5 miles, early on in the warm weather i was getting 68+ mpg driving on cruise 55mph, shopping trips and some short trips but it seems like this car does not like the winter much, we get allot of gales so wind is a real drag on MPG along with having to use the lights and heater in dark cold mornings all having an effect but i still find the worst ive ever got is an avarage 53.4 mpg so i can live with that, fuel here as in the UK has been up really high and is only now slowly going back down, as for the noise issue well ive found a foam yoga mat in lidl and cut that to size to put in the boot under the lowest floor, comfort is still using an old Ikea foot stool cusion on the drivers seat, and the Andoid Auto conectivity issue i had has been sloved alas as some of you have found its not so accurate when it comes to recording journeys but that i think has allot to do with conectivity, if you live in an area that has good WIFI reception you wont have a problem as the car is fitted with a Toyota sim card, all in all im happy enough with it, i just wish Toyota would bring out some proper wind deflectors that they seem to sell in Toyota New Zealand who i have tried contacting but never got a reply so perhaps a good excuse for a Holiday . . . . . Oh yes as regard to informat screens i also wonder why on earth do they think is such a good idea, im sometimes distracted by my 9" JVC unit and really ony use it to check tyre pressures fuel or the map if i go on a journey to somewhere i dont know etc all of which can be found on the screen behind the steering wheel, i too prefer pysical buttons or on the steering wheel.

Anyway i hope everyone is in good health and i wish you all a Happy New Year take care and safe driveing to you all.

• Like 1

Yeh but i also use it to give the car a run and get out and abot, its also cheaper and better quality to the local supermarket 🙂

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:03 AM, Cyker said:

I do wonder why they did that as that's a very coubik graduation, esp. with a digital dash. It seems like they're using a newer system in the updated Corolla so hopefully it'll be more like the Yaris (i.e. press for 1mph change, hold for 5mph)

It's possible that the coubik graduation for adjusting speed settings in your vehicle's digital dash was a design choice made by the manufacturer at the time. Automakers often update and refine features based on customer feedback and advances in technology. It's good to hear that the updated Corolla appears to have a more user-friendly system for adjusting speed settings, which should enhance the driving experience. Manufacturers strive to improve user interfaces and convenience features to make driving safer and more enjoyable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links