Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road tax & insurance.........

Lawnmowerman

Road tax renewal came in - all loaded in the government's favour, naturally. Deal was to take delivery before October so took delivery on 30th September (wasn't ready until 29th).

All of this I know so why does it feel as if HM Gov't has just dipped my pocket for an extra month. Oh, and £510 - ouch.

To be fair, all of this I knew before signing up.

Insurance:

Last year for the HEV: £304.

This year for the PHEV: £536 - ouch.

Having researched beforehand, the best I could achieve was £450. Quick on-line negotiation reduced the premium by £76 with my current insurer which I felt fair - job done.

Sweet spot for insurance renewal about 3 weeks prior to renewal - I was 24 days away.

• Sad 1

That does smart, being charged a full month for 1 day. I thought I read somewhere that dealers could pay a part month in circumstances like this so you are not penalised but it's not something I've ever been aware of. 

The 2nd year RFL will sting for me when the renewal comes next month. I was paying the added premium on my last car so it shouldn't be too much of a shock. I changed insurance provider at the last renewal in April and paid £385, I think my original renewal quote was about £580. Difficult to compare insurance though with so many variables and a "postcode lottery".

• Like 2

We've had new cars where the dealer taxed the car for 1 year and 1 week - but not every dealer or salesperson is aware that this can be done.

As regards taking out new insurance policies, insurance companies since January are unable to charge new customers differently to existing, which has had the effect of raising premiums for new policies.

• Like 1

That has been annoying - There have been two government initiatives to make insurance 'fairer' so far (First was male/female discrimination, and now favouritism to new customers) and in both cases instead of bringing the prices down, it raised them! :wallbash:

With all the 'help' they keep giving us we'll be indentured slaves soon! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Picked mine up on the 26th May ‘21 and the dealer insured the car till 1st June. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Picked mine up on the 26th May ‘21 and the dealer insured the car till 1st June. 

Lesson to be learned there - oh, wait. I did say this would be the last 😀

• Like 1

Just had my 2022 Excel HEV price it's £336, I had a CX-5 last year which was £253 and LV kept the price until now, so quite pleased.

FC with protected no claims.

• Like 1

It annoys me that your RAV4 is cheaper to insure than my Yaris!!! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Hi.

If you ever need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links