Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welp, I broke it at last...........

flash22

I wasn't even trying but i finally broke 80mpg 6-7 mile journey, 2016 Mk3 in eco, no AC and 2 windows open

20220809_155439.thumb.jpg.8a5b1cd05c428b3cddfa79c3e7c6fe72.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder how much fuel the folk behind used following at an average of 14MPH?

• Like 1

85.7 was my best in my mk3. 20 mile journey 50/50 motorway / town eco mode with aircon on. Got nowhere near it in my mk 4 yet although it’s only been a couple of weeks should get better when it’s run in!

A77280D5-A21E-46AE-848C-A4D0BF5E33C0.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I wonder how much fuel the folk behind used following at an average of 14MPH?

No more than usual, since that average includes time being stopped!

If that was driving in London that'd be a fast average speed! :laugh: 

If those are both tank averages, that's extremely good! Haven't gotten close to that yet... low 80's is as good as I can get (It's really hard to drive the Mk4 slowly... it just wants to GO! :laugh: )

If it's single journey, I'm not as impressed as I've broken a 100mpg indicated getting from the petrol station to home! :tongue: :laugh: Still good tho'!

• Like 1

That's all 20-30 mph urban roads, no end of roundabouts, lights and crossings - the same journey can take an hour+ if you hit rush hour or school run (yay for summer hols)

Average MPG of the last 7-800 miles is 68.4

• Like 2

I managed to hit over 90 mpg once on a 5 mile run on urban roads on my Corolla. Sometimes you get that perfect run which gives a high mpg 

• Like 2

That's damned good if it had roundabouts and lights! I find it really hard to keep it in the 80's if there is a lot of stopping; If I can time it to roll through lights, even slowly, that makes it much easier to keep the mpgs up!

I hate roundabouts! (Which is unfortunate since one of my friends lives in Milton Keynes :wacko: )

14+ roundabouts on that route, lol and a hand fully of them traffic tables

• Like 1

Yeh just the once mind, sometimes you get all the lights on green and not much to stop you 

• Like 1

Mine is my morning commute where I get regular high 70s mpg. The same journey home in rush hour can knock 10-15 mpg off 

• Like 2

50 mile round trip today bumped my average MPG to 69.9 overall

• Like 2

Achieved average mpg of 64.2 last week on a 200 mile motorway run through heavy(ish) stop start traffic and cruising at 50-55 mph. For those that don't want the financial outlay of purchasing a hybrid or expense of replacement AGM batteries, the old 1.33 petrol engine still has much going for it, despite its higher engine oil consumption.

mpg0822.JPG

• Like 3

Impressive mpg @flash22

If I remember correctly, the best I've ever had was 66 mpg after a 76 mile motorway run.

4 hours ago, 1.33 said:

Achieved average mpg of 64.2 last week on a 200 mile motorway run through heavy(ish) stop start traffic and cruising at 50-55 mph. For those that don't want the financial outlay of purchasing a hybrid or expense of replacement AGM batteries, the old 1.33 petrol engine still has much going for it, despite its higher engine oil consumption.

mpg0822.JPG

How the heck did you do that in a Mk2 Yaris!?

I had a Mk2 1.33 and even with heroic measures I *never* got it into the 60's, certainly not across a tank average!!

Even with all the 'extra' fuel going in that didn't count towards the mpg calculation (i.e. engine oil :laugh: )  

Clearly you are some kind of Mk2 Yaris economy guru! :eek: :notworthy:

• Like 1

I have seen the other night someone with Yaris GR four on the motorway driving very relaxing, 60mph , even at some point I had to overtake , I wonder  what mpg he was getting? Your cars show’s a record consumption, in reality overall after a half tank might be slightly different 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpj1 said:

My instant fuel consumption display shows 99mpg going downhill with my foot off the accelerator. Does that count?:rolleyes:

Same, I was thinking about that too 😂👌

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

How the heck did you do that in a Mk2 Yaris!?

I had a Mk2 1.33 and even with heroic measures I *never* got it into the 60's, certainly not across a tank average!!

Even with all the 'extra' fuel going in that didn't count towards the mpg calculation (i.e. engine oil :laugh: )  

Clearly you are some kind of Mk2 Yaris economy guru! :eek: :notworthy:

But it burnt 2 litres of oil doing it 😜

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, flash22 said:

I wasn't even trying but i finally broke 80mpg 6-7 mile journey, 2016 Mk3 in eco, no AC and 2 windows open

20220809_155439.thumb.jpg.8a5b1cd05c428b3cddfa79c3e7c6fe72.jpg

Obviously a fault 😁

Just got 88.3 at 38 mph over 12 miles in 19 minutes I

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Obviously a fault 😁

Screenshot_20220821_144704_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

If it's the 1.8 you have the newer tech, mk3 yaris uses the old NiMH

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If it's the 1.8 you have the newer tech, mk3 yaris uses the old NiMH

Sorry,  1.8 Corolla