Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BZ4X/Solterra line shut downs July to September.

rfrancis073

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/37543786.html

Stated reason is parts shortages and COVID.  No mention of recall on this production schedule change (unlike the one in July).  Not sure if that means anything or not.

Note that the unaccounted days from the table below are addressed in a note in the news article:

Toyota will be shut down for summer holiday from August 13th-21st.

Toyota Motor Corporation
Motomachi Plant
Production line #1 August 1 (Mon), 2 (Tue), 3 (Wed), 4 (Thu), 5 (Fri), 8 (Mon), 9 (Tue), 10 (Wed), 11 (Thu), 12 (Fri), 22 (Mon), 23 (Tue), 24 (Wed), 25 (Thu), 26 (Fri), 29 (Mon), 30 (Tue), 31 (Wed) MIRAI, bZ4X, Solterra

Am beginning to believe the social media hype about Toyota not wanting to manufacture a full EV. 
But maybe it is good news on the recall 

45 minutes ago, Malop said:

But maybe it is good news on the recall

How so?

Earlier in July they said "In order to investigate the cause of the recall for a certain model, the production suspension of line #1 at the Motomachi Plant will be extended." They've now quietly extended that suspension throughout August ... That may mean that production could resume in September or that a further delay will be announced next month!

16 minutes ago, philip42h said:

How so?

Earlier in July they said "In order to investigate the cause of the recall for a certain model, the production suspension of line #1 at the Motomachi Plant will be extended." They've now quietly extended that suspension throughout August ... That may mean that production could resume in September or that a further delay will be announced next month!

The hope is that a solution has been found, possibly in a new part or a part change, and that Toyota has decided to make / change enough of these parts to satisfy the vehicles currently made (in port, dealers, etc. being held), because production of new parts can't keep up with both new vehicles on the line and correcting the ones that need new parts in the field.  I have no information, just hopes based on the fact that the recall wording was left out this time.

• Like 1

Its been pretty much a month since the recall and there has not been a single peep from Toyota on resolution or time line. Dont forget this also goes for the US where customers had to return their car to a dealership. No one has had any info or updates. I have to admit I am getting concerned that this is not something straight forward to fix. I.e. if it was lets just say new bolts they could say we're waiting on new parts to carry corrective action. But it has been absolute silence...

5 hours ago, swoop5511 said:

Its been pretty much a month since the recall and there has not been a single peep from Toyota on resolution or time line. Dont forget this also goes for the US where customers had to return their car to a dealership. No one has had any info or updates. I have to admit I am getting concerned that this is not something straight forward to fix. I.e. if it was lets just say new bolts they could say we're waiting on new parts to carry corrective action. But it has been absolute silence...

It's been a month since the recall and this first came to light in mid-May.  Two months and no mention of a 'fix' by Toyota.  Based on a few translated Japanese articles from this morning, I'm not sure they know why this is happening yet.  Might have been faster to switch back to the hub/studs/lug nuts instead of the hub/lug bolts, lol.

The lack of communications to not only consumers but dealers is deafening!

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking good….11.5 Continuous weeks down from June 17th Until September 7th.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/37824467.html

Toyota Motor Corporation
Motomachi Plant
Production line #1 September 1 (Thu), 2 (Fri), 5 (Mon), 6 (Tue) MIRAI, Crown, bZ4X, SUBARU Solterra

On the contrary, a "glass half full" kind of guy would look at that as saying that bZ4X production should resume on Wednesday, 7th September. It's the first positive sign that we've seen in a while ... 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 12:47 PM, philip42h said:

On the contrary, a "glass half full" kind of guy would look at that as saying that bZ4X production should resume on Wednesday, 7th September. It's the first positive sign that we've seen in a while ... 😉

Sorry, just feel beaten up by this lol.  Being in the US and having a new BZ4X built and sitting in the Port of New York...so close yet so far away.  I do hope it restarts then or even sooner but more importantly, I hope that the fix has already been found and if new / changed parts are needed, they are being produced now during shutdown.

I don't think the line will restart until a fix has been found.  I can only hope that parts for the already built models will take priority over the line at this point, if new parts are needed that is.

I do sympathize as a lot of people are getting blue-balled by the new cars being delayed and put back over and over!

Just have to keep telling yourselves it'll be worth it!!

(Which I can definitely confirm in the case of people waiting for Yaris Mk4's :naughty: )

17 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I do sympathize as a lot of people are getting blue-balled by the new cars being delayed and put back over and over!

Just have to keep telling yourselves it'll be worth it!!

(Which I can definitely confirm in the case of people waiting for Yaris Mk4's :naughty: )

With the screwed up tax credit situation in the US (based on new stuff passed by Congress), it might not be worth it, lol!  If I don't get the $7,500 credit, it might be time to walk and wait! 🥶

Wow that's a good chunk of change! Over here they stopped including PHEVs for the grant and reduced it to £1500 for EVs, which rendered it almost pointless, and I'm not sure but they might have been stopped completely now...

It'd be interesting to see if Toyota would eat that if it goes, as they have done that here in the past where some grants have gone mid-purchase, but those grants were a pittance anyway, whereas $7500 is quite a big chunk to swallow!!

Yep, it’s all gone for passenger cars in the UK, and wasn’t valid for EV purchases over a pretty small threshold (£35k?) anyway.

There *are* still grants for commercial vehicles and various motor and e bikes, tax benefits in kind for people who have company cars and money off EV chargers for everyone.

Part of the reason it’s gone away in the UK is Brexit. Manufacturers have to keep total emissions under a certain amount. This used to be EU wide, so British SUVs were compensated for by Southern European city cars. Now we’re not in the EU, the emissions limit still exists, so manufacturers are having to make EVs more palatable to reach those legal requirements in the UK alone. 

• Like 1

There are grants and funding available for renewables in the UK.

If you install solar panels etc. than all costs related to the installation, not just the panels themselves are at zero VAT (sales tax)

If you replace your gas boiler with a heat pump then you can get £5000 towards the costs and also all costs are at zero VAT. 

• Like 1