Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

BZ4X/Solterra line shut downs July to September.

rfrancis073

What is the date of that Google Earth image….? They are not ‘live’ images. 

40 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

What is the date of that Google Earth image….? They are not ‘live’ images. 

They are actually 2022 images ... but as you say, not 'live'.

Vehicle storage at Burnaston was expanded by 3,500 cars in 2020 - before the BZ4X was in production.

I don’t know if any are stored at Portbury, but they come off the boat there and don’t immediately magic their way to Derby, so if Derby is full, there could be some left there. I don’t know how they get between the two places either. 

30 minutes ago, kingrikk said:

I don’t know if any are stored at Portbury, but they come off the boat there and don’t immediately magic their way to Derby, so if Derby is full, there could be some left there. I don’t know how they get between the two places either. 

There is (or was) a decent sized car park in Portbury:

image.thumb.png.bb86509e112203d0ed2caff4552ae321.png

Google seems to think that it is "permanently closed" but there were a fair few cars parked up when this image was taken in 2022 (and I haven't found any other information to suggest that Google is 'correct' or otherwise).

Cars would get from Portbury to Burnaston by road on a transporter and it would take several trips to transfer an entire "boatload" - so 'a week or two' doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Thanks 1

Based on those photos I doubt the BZ4X recall is having any impact on Toyota storage. From the original recall notice it affected about 2,700 cars globally. From the DVSA page there are 412 affected in the UK (so we assume those are the ones registered to dealers). The NHTSA recall report has 661 affected for the USA (unclear if they are all registered cars but likely as it helps keep the numbers low).

All that maths on a Sunday morning means there is a maximum of 1,627 in storage around the world, the UK probably has a good share of that but Ireland, USA and Canada all have vehicles in storage as well.

According to Reuters, Toyota provided the following recall figures: 2,700 affected by the recall globally of which 2,200 were earmarked for Europe, 260 for the US, 110 for Japan and 10 for Canada

Subaru have recalled 2,600 Solterras.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malop said:

Based on those photos I doubt the BZ4X recall is having any impact on Toyota storage. From the original recall notice it affected about 2,700 cars globally. From the DVSA page there are 412 affected in the UK (so we assume those are the ones registered to dealers). The NHTSA recall report has 661 affected for the USA (unclear if they are all registered cars but likely as it helps keep the numbers low).

All that maths on a Sunday morning means there is a maximum of 1,627 in storage around the world, the UK probably has a good share of that but Ireland, USA and Canada all have vehicles in storage as well.

But 2700 SOLD recalled cars, isnt it?

SOLD + ready to distrubute cars + shipped from japan and was in transit cars = total affected car number and arrived the destination. 

Normally Toyota production suspension is being announced 10 days before the month end for the next month.

We didn't hear anything so far for September. Finger crossed, production will start second week of the Sep. That will be a very very good sign for the people waiting delivery. 

I have a bz on order in the uk. Had a call today from dealer that there would be no more information until quarter 4. Unbelievable!

Yes, this was Toyotas statement that Toyota will make the announcements for recall at the beginning of Q4. It was known. 

2 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

BZ4X I bet customers with new orders are now non existant.

What do you mean? 

Who going to order a car just to have it put into storage production lines work in real time on orders.

The production line is supposed to restart early September. So we could “assume” that is to clear any current backlog. New orders then go into the build queue in October which is Q4. 
But everything is assumption and guesswork on our part at the moment. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Malop said:

The production line is supposed to restart early September. So we could “assume” that is to clear any current backlog. New orders then go into the build queue in October which is Q4. 
But everything is assumption and guesswork on our part at the moment. 

That seems a very reasonable interpretation of the facts. The bZ4X was previously available to order or even "buy online" but is no longer. The [UK] order books appear to be closed and it seems reasonable that dealers have been told to expect the order books to reopen in Q4 (October - December).

We hope that production will resume in September in order to fulfil outstanding orders and we trust that cars already produced will be remedied over the same period.

But, as you say, this is largely speculation and the is still time for Toyota to announce a further suspension in production ...

23 minutes ago, philip42h said:

That seems a very reasonable interpretation of the facts

Thanks Philip, I remain hopeful. 

I also forgot to add, based on a number of people cancelling their orders there should be a stock of vehicles ready to go for new customers willing to take a fixed spec. 

10 minutes ago, Malop said:

Thanks Philip, I remain hopeful. 

I also forgot to add, based on a number of people cancelling their orders there should be a stock of vehicles ready to go for new customers willing to take a fixed spec. 

It seems the cars are being removed from the market and replacements being built, all order have been cancelled and reordered, as I said in the other thread It's likely to be late Q1 early Q2 2023 before cars appear going by the global situation and delivery times

11 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It seems the cars are being removed from the market and replacements being built, all order have been cancelled and reordere

That’s rumour based on the status change of MyT orders changing, it hasn’t been confirmed by Toyota or mentioned in any official communications just in user forums and Facebook groups. In my conversation with Toyota about that change they said it was because they disabled tracking of BZ4X orders in MyT to avoid people assuming their car was being delivered soon, did tell them that seems a worst choice and perhaps they should have told us all that was what they were doing.
I’m  not saying it might not end up being how Toyota fix the problem but I think as a group we have to be clear what is rumour, inference and assumption rather than actual facts. 
I haven’t seen any official announcement about rebuilding cars but if I’ve missed it please post the link here. 

• Like 2

Dealers will be the last to be made aware, any information will be internal to Toyota and confidential there is no information on the euro portal or techdoc at the moment not even a TSB on the issue

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links