Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Ecu ground location ?

Markie1881

Look at the  *2 on the wires going to it, in the legend at the top of the page 😁

Hint - it's 2 different engine types

Ok I’ve checked the continuity on all the imobiliser cables , on the aerial to the immo I have continuity and 8 ohm resistance I would of thought that would change when you presented a key , but it doesn’t , I’ve tried with 2 aerials and both are the same . I’ve pp2000 ( Peugeot 107 software ) I’m going to plug that in and see what that brings up ! It’s almost like the keys have been forgotten . I’m confident that the cabling is 100% 

Ill keep going ! And update on progress . 
cheers 🍻 

Not familiar with the PP2000 software but look at the immobilizer and its live data it should tell you if it's picking up the chip in the key - be aware you need a VCI that does K-line to talk to the immobilizer

• Like 1

Hi with my in-depth scanner software it’s displaying P0880 fault code and also says transponder ring faulty I’ve changed it makes no difference . It says chip ok 👍 but wrong key ?? I’m just going to send Ecu away and get immobiliser programmed out of it as doing my head in now lol 😂 

P0880, it may not be immobilizer related then

Have you reset the ID between the immo and ECU ?

Re-register the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU and ECM

Also with both immo and ecu disconnected do a resistance test between pink and ground and beige and ground

Yes tried that a few times , still no joy . I’ve double checked everything and found no faults or breaks , just going to get mapped out now 

P0880 relates to the traction control, this seems to be common with the P2799

I’ve no resistance between pink and ground and no resistance between beige and ground 

OL - Open loop, over load, off limit on a multimeter

sounds you have found the issue in the wiring between the immo and ecu on both wires

No none of them , I’ve really run out of ideas now I think it’s had it ! It’s very hard to program out the imobiliser apparently ! 

Hi I tried that yesterday , no joy . I spoke to my auto electrician/ remap man today , he’s going to look at it in a week or so . He did say that it’s highly unlikely that it’s the immo that’s the problem as the car was driving when it stopped . Apparently the immobiliser is only used to start the car and is disabled when running , he said manufacturers are not allowed to incorporate as a fault in immo stops car when driving . Makes sense 👍

in the meantime you can try linking the TC and CG, turn the ignition on for 30-40 min this will reset the system and relink the modules

677163947_toyotaobd2.jpg.4554c2db796aa643d3323206e6f138d4.jpg

I’m going to have a look tomorrow again , have done the short out procedure a couple of times to make sure everything is synced . It’s prob going to turn out it’s something simple ! 

• 2 months later...

Hi Markie1881, I'm having a similar issue to yours by the look of it. I don't have your skills, but was wondering if you managed to solve this and if so if you found the cause? Mine started again briefly (for a full day) by wiggling the immo box, but now won't start at all. There was heavy rain the two nights prior to it not starting, but not sure if/how that's related. I haven't tried the 4/13 OBD thing yet as I'm sure the immo has the relevant data (being that it worked for a day after initially not doing so). But maybe I should.  

Hi ya mines still not fixed ! It’s at a local mech and things still being worked through ! I’d first check your fuel pump ! Think that is what happened with mine , conked out and was miss diagnosed as immo Ecu fault ( before I bought it !) and it’s been played about with so much that got to prog get everything sync d again .   I changed pump in tank now my plugs get wet , just no spark ! Hope that helps m 

• Like 1

Hi Mark

what are your current codes ? - immobilizer will cut fuel and spark, but it will still crank, you can bridge the fuel relay to get the pump running

you can keep throwing parts at it, but it's not going to be cheap

have you changed out the immo module,

What live data are you getting from the immobilizer in PP2000 is it seeing the key

The ignition switch on the aygo is one piece with the barrel - if the ignition switch is faulty the ecu may not be powering up, as long as the key is in the ignition and turned you can bypass the switch with a link

No codes present ! Has had 2 Ecu immo combinations and only cranks , my auto elec currently has the car . He says immo is not seeing the key ! It’s had 3 diff aerials continuity is good only a short twisted pair to immo ! We’re not getting anywhere . 

So what has been changed ? Chip in the key ? immo module ? ECU ?

i take your guy has a key tester, if not find a locksmith to test the key

• 2 months later...

Ok I have an update for you after 5 months ! My aygo runs ! Having spent many hours testing cable continuity swapping Ecu’s immo box’s , trust me if it could be tested , I tested it twice !!. 
I gave up and towed it to a local auto electrician . He had it for 6 weeks and looked at it inbeteeen jobs. He gave up and I towed it home . Xmas came and went , but I was determined to get it going . Had to be a cable fault somewhere??? . I ordered a 2nd hand engine loom. It arrived and I set about changing it. In between rain snow wind. Half way through I noticed 2 wires not connected to anything and looked broken , on my replacment loom they were connected to an earth o ring and location was to right under the air box rocker cover , I plodded on with the loom . Everything reconnected freshly charged Battery , hey presto  started 1st turn off the key 👍. Put dash back together took it out for a spin , great fun little car 👍👍👍 .  One if the disconnected wires was injectors earth cable ! . No fault codes generated . Thanks everybody for your help and inputs advice . Cheers 🍻 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1