Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon PU drop links for ph1 yaris

corradovr6

In a nutshell, dont get them! Spent most of the day trying to get them to fit. Thread is too long so it doesnt fit between the anti roll bar and front arms.

Just get the cheap crap thats the only option available and plan to change them every few years.

Fed up today, simple job took hours and I'll have to complete it tomorrow 

20220810_124830.jpg

That said, the mk1 yaris drop links are the most stupid setup I've seen. Almost everyone gets the order of the washers and bushes wrong (myself included). Should really just be a simple 2 bolt solution like normal setups, no faffing around with spindles, washers, spacers, order and orientation.

My sympathies! We had the same problem with the poly droplinks from super pro or super flex or power flex or whoever the heck I bought them from.

We tried fitting it from the bottom, but found the bolt was hitting the driveshaft, so we ended up having to unbolt the whole ARB in order to drop the poly droplink down from the top.

IIRC was a huge PITA as we had to undo one of the ARB bolts on the driver's side 1 degree at a time. Passenger-side was easy, but on the driver's side the gap was too small to get a socket wrench in, and the only ratchet spanner we had that fit the bolt had too much backlash to unscrew such a small amount. That took sooo looong to unbolt... and then replace... :death:

On my 2nd Mk1, I had a cunning plan to buy just the centre bolts and nuts from Toyota (That was much cheaper than the £120 they wanted for a full kit at the time!) and use the rest of the parts from the poly droplink kit... but I hadn't noticed the OE bolt is much thinner than the poly bolt was so it fit together far too loosely to be safe!

Sooo off came the damned ARB again... At least we only had to do it once - Those polybushes last forever once they're on! I don't know why they don't just use them from factory, given the polybush kit cost half what toyota wanted for the OE grape-jelly kit!

I was contemplating cutting the bolt down but we decided that would mess up the thread too much, and the bolt looked like it was made of hardened steel so it would have been a nightmare to cut through anyway...!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links