Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About to buy Aygo-X. Are you satisfied? Any advice? Thanks

ZenBaller

Test drove an Auto today and very impressed, the whole car feels more grown up and solid and the CVT box although not perfect is a vast improvement. I've ordered a Cardamom green Edge Automatic due in November.

• Like 4

Took delivery of my Exclusive on Thursday. Very happy with it so far. Yes it won’t win any races but if I wanted speed I’d have bought a sports car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I ordered an Aygo X  Exclusive, at least I registered interest when I heard they finally were being produced. It duly arrived.

Like my previous Aygos I assumed it would not have satnav built in, or at least I would need to link it to a mobile phone to use the screen for satnav. I don’t use a mobile phone except for emergencies so I was resigned to digging out my old Garmin satnav.

However when I went to collect the car I found it does have built in satnav, which I didn’t expect. And all the other toys, which I did expect.

I don’t like SUVs as a rule. I don’t think the Aygo X is big enough to qualify as an annoying clone SUV though, but at my age , over 75, I do appreciate the high seat and not having to “climb” out of it when I want to get out.

• Like 1

I have ordered Aygo X Edge CVT with factory option added all parking sensors in Blue - expecting delivery in November. You can track this via MyT in app as the dealership set up for me. Been test drive this Aygo X CVT with my mate, seem all fine for A to B and seem okay on motorway smooth cruise at 70Mphs but still not bad uphill with two of us in the car. That £4k cheaper than the new Yaris. Will selling my Yaris plate 19 private sell at £12,600.

I seen parkers site as they seem to put it wrong engine specs https://www.parkers.co.uk/toyota/aygo/x-2021/10-vvt-i-edge-5dr-auto-[parking]/specs/

Should be 3 cylinders not 4?

Should be 1 speed automatic not 7 speed automatic?

P.S. I do really wish it have auto parking brake and parking hold like the new Yaris got. I hate old fashion handbrake (dealer told me it won't make any difference as it cost more for electronic parking brake and hold - expensive)

• Like 1

@Wiz201, yours is an automated manual, completely different to the new Aygo X (aka Aygo Cross).

@sedgall new Aygo X grades come with Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC) so download the full manual and find out how to use it !

17 hours ago, johnan said:

However when I went to collect the car I found it does have built in satnav, which I didn’t expect. And all the other toys, which I did expect.

I don’t like SUVs as a rule. I don’t think the Aygo X is big enough to qualify as an annoying clone SUV though, but at my age , over 75, I do appreciate the high seat and not having to “climb” out of it when I want to get out.

Wow, that's a bit embarassing when even the top-spec Yaris Mk4, which is supposed to be the more premium car, didn't even have satnav as an option in this country! :laugh: Ahh Toyota, your ways will always remain a mystery to us!

I must admit I also harbour a deep loathing of any tubbed-out SUVs, but the Aygox is almost like a spiritual successor to the Mk2 Yaris in form factor so it sort of works :laugh: 

Hill Start Assist just holds the foot brake, usually by firmly pressing and holding the pedal in after the car stops, but some cars it just does it automatically if the toggle button is enabled (Mk4 Yaris works this way).

It's not a replacement for the parking brake!

Can anyone tell me if this Edge car (CVT) got paddle shift by the steering wheel with using M+- on the cvt automatic car or was it only for Exclusive model only?

I think paddle shifts are right across the Aygo X range, as the whole steering wheel has been nicked from other Toyota models (like Toyota has always done and will continue to do so).

The advantage of paddle shift levers in a car that has a CVT gearbox (there is only one gear) however you are correct it features in the exclusive and limited edition only but not the pure or edge version.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was going to ask this question too about paddle shifts, ive ordered the exclusive specifically to get the paddles.  had the before way back on a cvt Honda jazz and they were great

I don't see the point of paddles on a cvt I had them on my other aygos 

And used them all the time 

Hi - I’m interested to see if there are any IQ owners thinking of trading their car in for a MY24 AYGO X? My IQ is an absolute dream of a car; I’m so attached to it: I’ve had 2 from new and I have never owned a better car, but with 73K on the clock and with some recommended work needed soon, I’m at a crossroads. The only viable alternative seems to be the new 2024 AYGO X. I had a test drive in the new 2024 Yaris and the AYGO X and overall, with a manual gearbox, I think that swings it for me towards the Yaris X. It feels like an end of an era: I don’t do a lot of miles, I’m countryside-based but drive into the city regularly and need a small car to park in tight spaces. I understand the AYGO X isn’t fast from 0-60, but then my IQ also has a 1.0 litre petrol engine and it’s more than adequate. These new generation cars have all the bells and whistles, which I must admit is an incentive to buy one: I think I’m going for the Exclusive with a canvas roof and 18 inch black alloy wheels. Any thoughts anyone? It will be so hard to say goodbye to the most amazing little car on the planet!

14 hours ago, Polly F said:

Hi - I’m interested to see if there are any IQ owners thinking of trading their car in for a MY24 AYGO X? My IQ is an absolute dream of a car; I’m so attached to it: I’ve had 2 from new and I have never owned a better car, but with 73K on the clock and with some recommended work needed soon, I’m at a crossroads. The only viable alternative seems to be the new 2024 AYGO X. I had a test drive in the new 2024 Yaris and the AYGO X and overall, with a manual gearbox, I think that swings it for me towards the Yaris X. It feels like an end of an era: I don’t do a lot of miles, I’m countryside-based but drive into the city regularly and need a small car to park in tight spaces. I understand the AYGO X isn’t fast from 0-60, but then my IQ also has a 1.0 litre petrol engine and it’s more than adequate. These new generation cars have all the bells and whistles, which I must admit is an incentive to buy one: I think I’m going for the Exclusive with a canvas roof and 18 inch black alloy wheels. Any thoughts anyone? It will be so hard to say goodbye to the most amazing little car on the planet!

I'd test drive an automatic Aygo X if I were you, they're better to drive than the manuals.

• Like 1

Agree with that.  I think the auto is preferable to the manual, but then I've driven autos for a long time now.  I think the cvt makes it a much more refined car, 95% of the time.  If you habitually use full throttle acceleration, you may feel differently.  I personally don't mind, I think the 3 pot sounds great!  

• Like 1