Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space saver...??? Not a can of goo

Toyota Integrale

Just ordered a 2022 Aygo x. However, as seems to be the standard these days, you get a pump and a can of goo to fix punctures. I'm old school and would rather actually have a tyre (albeit a thin one) hidden in the boot that I can sort in the worst case.

Can any X owners tell me if there is space and if an "old" Aygo space saver would fit in a well if there is one. Its not an option that I have seen so simply asking .....

The Aygo came with a 15 inch space saver spare, whereas, depending which Aygo X you've ordered, it will have either 17 inch or 18 inch wheels. So I would question whether a space saver from the Aygo would be suitable in terms of size, etc.

Due to the inconvenience that I've had with my first Aygo X, my local Toyota dealer is supplying and fitting the whole conversion kit and saver wheel for my new replacement Aygo X.  It's over £400 worth of kit.

I've never liked the gunck and it really gives me piece of mind having a space saver wheel to get me to continue on my journey.  Yes, it takes up boot space and adds a wee bit extra weight, but I didn't buy the Aygo X for space.

Do I get many flats or punctures over all the years I have been driving...No, but I don't care, I'm having the kit 👍

• Like 1

A space saver for the aygo x you could just order a full alloy wheel and fit a cheap tyres on 

45 minutes ago, Toyota Integrale said:

Just ordered a 2022 Aygo x. However, as seems to be the standard these days, you get a pump and a can of goo to fix punctures. I'm old school and would rather actually have a tyre (albeit a thin one) hidden in the boot that I can sort in the worst case.

Can any X owners tell me if there is space and if an "old" Aygo space saver would fit in a well if there is one. Its not an option that I have seen so simply asking .....

I'll post a few photos once I get it.

The spare from previous Aygo will not fit/work. There is an accessory option see HERE info taken from HERE

• Like 1

Sorry, not sure where I got the £400 from, I looked back at my emails and the cost is £214 + VAT + Fitting.

£214+ Vat + Fitting.

• Like 2

£214+ VAT not too bad. I'll take a good look - not even seen it, nor offered it, as an option: thank you !!

• Like 1