Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo tomtom voice on left speaker, so wrong side (I'm in the UK)

carikower

Hi All

I have a Tomtom on my toyota aygo 2014 that came with the car.

Voice instructions can be heard from the left-hand side speaker and not from the rights-hand side one. 

Wiring seems to be all fine, I opened it up and it's all connected. 

My only conclusion is that it may be setup for left-hand side driver, but how do I change this?

I also noticed - probably related - that the 'Speaker preferences' is greyed-out on tomtom, so can't change anything in this menu for some reason?

Some photos attached.

Thanks a million all!

20220813_105828.jpg

Screenshot_20220813-081211_Twitter.jpg

That a very late mk1 Aygo iirc you can remove the tom tom and use it, or plug it into your computer and update/change setting in TomTom Home

https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/eclipse2/eclipse2/refman/TomTom-en-GB.pdf?_gl=1*w50yh4*_ga*NTg1MTY5Mjg4LjE2NjAzODg4MzA.*_ga_TFLCNKEXQ6*MTY2MDM4ODgyOS4xLjAuMTY2MDM4ODgyOS4w

iirc the voice prompts come from the speaker in the TomTom

Official Toyota manual

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/e627db47-3fee-42e9-a816-88018afbde4c/Aygo connect AOM 001 491-0 PZ49Y-90332-00 PZ49X-90332-EN TACM2012_EN_LR.pdf

Navigation instruction come out
of only one side (front left).

This is characteristics of system.
Only when USB is playing,
instructions come out of both
sides.

This is not a malfunction

• Thanks 1

Thanks Flash22.

That's exactly the reason, however I still find it wrong that in the UK (or in any country where the driver is on the right-hand side) instructions come out from the left speaker. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I wrote to Tomtom and Toyota, let's see what they say. 

Many thanks!

Not sure if anyone would know, but thought of asking. The menu 'Speaker preferences' is greyed-out in tomtom for some reason.  Can't figure out why?

Photo attached. 

Many thanks 

Screenshot_20220813-081211_Twitter.jpg

To be frank, on an 8 year old car which is out of warranty and within standard specification, Toyota almost certainly won't be interested. 

• Like 1

Not really an issue, the TomTom system is EOL anyway, i doubt either company gives a rats ****, that TomTom system has been around since 2008 - so 14 years+