Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Breaks Grinding

Eln

Is the IQ prone to getting stones in breaks? Bought car 4mts ago. Breaks not been the best from day 1 assuming it was cos the size of car. They look OK and not worn on visible inspection. Had to break hard lastnight and it was like metal grinding on the road. Its a 2011 30,000 km 1 owner.

Given that the gap between the pad and the disc is measured in thousands of inch, no car is prone to getting stones stuck in there.

As the size of the brakes are matched to the size of the car, it won't be anything to do with the size either.

Best to have them inspected by someone who knows what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found with my Yaris that if the car is not driven a week or so then there is a fair bit of noise which I attribute to surface rust on the discs. I find just doing a couple of hard brakes gets rid of the noise. My newly acquired IQ seems the same. At the dealers it was noisy but find after a hard brake.  If in the future I change the discs, i will see if its possible to buy top quality branded discs.  I put Mintex on my last car and they never suffered surface corrosion like my Toyotas.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links