Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo x front seat problem

Haugepiano

Hi All. I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to take off the back rest/back support of the passenger front seat and leave the base/bottom of the seat still mounted in the car. The reason for this question is that I'm trying to convert my aygo into a micro camper 🙂 yes.. I know.. it's very small,  but I think it's possible anyway 

Best regards 

The side airbags are mounted in the seat backs, so may cause an issue with the airbag system. Plus altering the airbag system may affect your insurance ....

• Like 2

As well as the above-mentioned air bag problem, are you expecting to eventually put the seat back to standard?

I did take an Auris seat completely to pieces, in order to make it easier to take the frame to be recycled/scrapped.  On that car, the back would unscrew, but it would have left substantial side plates, normally supporting the seat back, protruding upwards at the rearmost seat sides.  These could be a small, but unwelcome, hard, thin, intrusion into your living space.

On that seat, which mas made by Johnson Controls for Toyota, FWIW, the hinge pieces that you would need to remove were attached via several, large, Bristol spline fasteners.  But a large Torx driver would fit, if I remember correctly.

Thanks very much for the replies. It's too complicated for me I'm afraid 

• Like 1

If you're not too tall, you might be able to just squeeze in by sliding both front seats fully forward then tilting them against the dash - I remember watching some videos on youtube of a couple who did this on a road trip in a Mk2 Yaris years ago :laugh: 

Last time I slept in a Yaris I just tilted the front seat all the way back and slept Minbari-style (That's a Babylon 5 reference for all you nerds :laugh: )

Don't know if the rear seats fold flat in the Aygo X tho'.

Gotta say a Verso or probably a Corolla TS would be way more comfortable :laugh: 

• Like 2

The front passenger seat in the 2022 Aygo X does not fold all the way back.  I know this because on my 800 mile round trip (mentioned on another thread), I slid the passenger seat forward and tilted the passenger seat back as far as it could go.

I did this because the view from the drivers seat through the passenger windows is very restricted.  By doing this, my view was increased substantially. Well worth doing, as long as you don't have a passenger in the front seat 😀.  I intend doing this for any journeys of a couple of hours or more.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

The front passenger seat in the 2022 Aygo X does not fold all the way back. 

The OP doesn't have the 2022 Aygo X.

They have a 2016 Aygo in the X grade (ie. the grades were X (being the base model), X-Play, X-pression, X-cite and X-clusive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The OP doesn't have the 2022 Aygo X.

They have a 2016 Aygo in the X grade (ie. the grades were X (being the base model), X-Play, X-pression, X-cite and X-clusive.

Thanks, I missed that - See Toyota, we've told you about your confusing names!! Stop trying to be cool and edgy, it doesn't work!!

16 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Well worth doing, as long as you don't have a passenger in the front seat 😀.

Weelll maybe if you don't like that passenger... :whistling1: :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links