Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cazoo and Cargiant reported to have sold undeclared write-offs

FROSTYBALLS

It's not just them - I'd bet pretty much all used car dealers are guilty of this. There is very little evidence any dealer does the thousands of checks on cars they claim to do before flipping them.

There's even a third-party dealer near me who has a rep for repairing and flipping category N and S cars without declaring it.

That's why e.g. the .gov MOT history, independent HPI checks and places like carvertical are worth checking before you put down a lot of money on second hand cars.

• Like 3

All used car sellers and particularly the big names like car giant always had poorly repaired cars even not written offs they still does not worth their money . Also Toyota used approved cars are no exception, plenty pretty much from all dealers. When a car accident is a normal thing the standards for repair in uk are pretty low. 

No surprise when everything is cost over quality!

I couldn't get over how half-arsed the repairs to my Mk1 were by the insurance repairer (I much later found out they hadn't even bent the rear bumper mounts back properly where it had popped out on the sides, just epoxyed (Or whatever that black adhesive is) it to the chassis! A mate knocked it one day with his knee and that was enough to pop it back out again and a lump of epoxy fell to the floor! :eek:  :laugh: )

I was watching some youtube videos of a guy in japan who repairs wrecked cars (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB1spDh9VOE) and it's amazing how they do it, literally pulling body work out then cutting it where it can't be straightened and then cutting and welding new panels in. The workmanship and attention to detail is incredible.

Either wrecked cars over there must be practically worthless or the labour rates must be terrible for them to turn any kind of profit - There's no way anyone could make any money doing that here... would need to sell the car for more than it was new!

• Like 1

I bought a Toyota approved Auris but still did my own HPI check before handing over the cash.

James

• Like 1

I remember a friend of mine buying a second hand car years ago and one day the police called round because it was a potential wrightoff.

They returnd car saying if it was involved in another accident the welding would fail making it a wright off.

That what happend to the car in the end it was scrapped after a accident but at least no one was injured.

Huh, didn't think the police would visit over something like that; Thought you were going to say it was stolen!!

I've heard of that happening, where someone bought a car only for it to be confiscated later by the cops as being stolen! A real kick in the nuts that as they just loose all the money; Only way to get any back is court action against the thief but unless the police catch them and tell you, it's very unlikely to happen...

On 8/15/2022 at 8:05 PM, Cyker said:

No surprise when everything is cost over quality

Unfortunately this is what happens when the Bean Counters get involved (no offence to any Bean Counters out there !)

• Like 1

I totally disagree with comments on car dealers they are as honest as politicians.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links