Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member from the USA!

SpencerK

Howdy y’all! New member here from the USA. 

I just bought an imported 4wd 1993 2.2l turbo diesel Toyota estima and have been having a hard time finding any forums with people who have the same/similar vehicles as me. Not a lot of small Diesel engines here in the USA. 

I delivery auto parts for a living and I am starting my own long range delivery business which is exactly why I purchased a right hand drive diesel. Needed the fuel economy. I sold my 2011 reg cab 4x4 Toyota Tacoma to buy this estima. 

Made a 600 mile round trip to Dallas from San Antonio to purchase it. I can’t believe how fun this van is to drive! Nothing more addictI got than the sound of a turbo diesel. I never expected to love this van as much as I do. Handles better than the tiny taco did. 

I have affectionately named it the space tuna due to its bulbous physique. 

going to pull the rear seats out to make it into a cargo van. Also going to get the whole thing bed lined with raptor liner. There are some mechanical issues that need immediate attention but I’ll post about that in a different place. 

can’t wait to see what kind of knowledge this forum has to offer!

CF5038C8-C56C-45E4-B3DD-53EF98E3B37C.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello Spencer - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Thanks 1

Welcome Spencer and fun name "Space Tuna" 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SpencerK said:

Howdy y’all! New member here from the USA. 

I just bought an imported 4wd 1993 2.2l turbo diesel Toyota estima and have been having a hard time finding any forums with people who have the same/similar vehicles as me. Not a lot of small Diesel engines here in the USA. 

I delivery auto parts for a living and I am starting my own long range delivery business which is exactly why I purchased a right hand drive diesel. Needed the fuel economy. I sold my 2011 reg cab 4x4 Toyota Tacoma to buy this estima. 

Made a 600 mile round trip to Dallas from San Antonio to purchase it. I can’t believe how fun this van is to drive! Nothing more addictI got than the sound of a turbo diesel. I never expected to love this van as much as I do. Handles better than the tiny taco did. 

I have affectionately named it the space tuna due to its bulbous physique. 

going to pull the rear seats out to make it into a cargo van. Also going to get the whole thing bed lined with raptor liner. There are some mechanical issues that need immediate attention but I’ll post about that in a different place. 

can’t wait to see what kind of knowledge this forum has to offer!

CF5038C8-C56C-45E4-B3DD-53EF98E3B37C.jpeg

People keep calling it the space egg but I don’t see it. The first thing I thought when I saw this was, “that thing is shaped like a tuna”

• Like 2

welcome Spencer

• Like 2

Hahaha, Space Tuna! Love it! :laugh: 

They were called Previas instead of Estimas here, but we never got the diesel version, which was probably a shame as I bet it's got a lot more grunt than the petrol one did!

They stopped selling them here sadly but a lot of people, esp. minicabbers and for some reason the jewish community, have imported so many of them I'm surprised Toyota haven't reconsidered bringing them back here (Although it's likely something to do with keeping their fleet-average CO2 levels down - I think they're the only major car manufacturer who isn't getting fines from the EU over their CO2 levels :laugh: )

Howdy doody to you and Space Tuna

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links