Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone echo. Impossible for the 3rd party to call me

Peter Quirk

Good evening. I am a new member of this group. I have a Sept 2020 CHR. If I receive a call or make one the third party has an awful echo of his own speech relayed back to him. My local garage cannot fix the problem and it appears that in America there are Class actions against Toyota ongoing at the moment. My phone is an up to date Samsung S21 Ultra. Has anyone got any thoughts on what I can do to fix this annoying problem.

One thing to bear in mind is that Toyotas in the US, Canada, Australia use a different multimedia system (Entune as opposed to Touch 2) to Europe, so the issue may not be exactly the same.

I sometimes get this; I suspect it's not disabling the mic/speaker on my phone sometimes. Not sure why. Sometimes hanging up and getting the opposite person to call helps, and sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the BT connection helps.

I think it's a mixture of implementation bugs in phones and the car and also them all running different versions of bluetooth, but for sure it's not been as reliable as I thought it would be with my ancient phone!