Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel pump not getting power

Zakk E.

I am experiencing issues with my aygo(2006) it started running roughly, misfiring and eventually it doesn’t start up. It cranks but the fuel pump does not activate. I measured the voltage going to the fuel pump when the ignition is turned on and got nothing. I tried feeding electricity directly into the fuel pump and sure enough it gives off a low buzzing sound. So I have concluded that there might be a problem with the relay. I cannot however get to it and am wondering if anyone here knows how to get to it, test it and replace it.

As far as I know the aygo 1 does not have a standard relay and instead uses some chip thing. In diagrams that I have found the fuel pump relay is marked as R4. And it should be underneath the fuses in the front of the car. I got the top cover and the bottom cover off(the clips were a nightmare) I un mounted the fuse box but still have limited access to it due to it still being connected with a lot of wires. 
Can anyone help me with solutions regarding getting to the R4 chip testing it and if needed replacing it or finding what else might cause this.

As mentioned in another thread this is the part I need to test. But there is no mention on how to get to it.356302DD-E529-414E-A62C-CEDD533ADC58.jpeg.a9bca8a75fd7ead3582c4df66b887708.jpeg198B638B-64FB-4940-B5AB-DD72AE98E515.jpeg.bbf96fbd9f1cdda6493cef768a66f2c2.jpeg2D41120C-9758-48E6-A9C3-365FB3547D34.png.24e34dc71539a0367eb10aa04ceea5de.png

That board is inside the main fuse box, you need to remove the fuse box then strip it down, first i would confirm power is on the fuel pump fuse remove the fuse and check the condition of the terminals and replace the fuse with a new one, check that you are getting a control signal to the fuse box

Only problem I have is any information regarding the removal of said fuse box. I have so far managed to remove both the top and bottom cover(the latter was an enormous pain) but my efforts to remove it entirely have been unsuccessful.

Unbolt it, unplug and remove the bottom plastic to remove the 2 alternator cables from its fusible link, striping it down on a bench or table, the fuse box is modular it all just bolts/clips