Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chr Spare saver wheel..

- A - Go -

Hi all, i have a 2019 CHR and doesnt come whith a spare wheel but with fluid and compressor, id like to know please what other model Toyota or Lexus spare saver wheel would fit on the CHR and in the boot are..

TIA

Cheers.

J

See:

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See:

Hi, my car has 17" wheels and theres a guy selling a 17" lexus space saver wheel but not sure if the rim has clearance for the calipers if fitted, its a a 5 stud..

Cheers

J

.Hi you need the 16inch space saver part number 42600-F4210 you will also need the kit to raise the boot floor to fit the spare wheel if you have a 1.8 CHR 

• Like 1

There is a lot of very good info on here about fitting the spare wheel in the boot. I gave it some thought but decided against it. These days if you get a flat on the roads you would be very lucky to get it where you could safely change a wheel without putting yourself in danger. 

I understand what you are saying but what are the chances of the break down/recovery van having a replacement? You could be waiting a long time until you can get your car moved.

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

.... what are the chances of the break down/recovery van having a replacement? 

Some breakdown services use the multi fit spare wheel, developed by the AA about 6 years ago.

Dedicated spare would still be better - The problem with the AA spare is it's often the wrong diameter, which you can get away with if it's on a dead axle and assuming it clears the wheel-arch, but if it's on a live axle it could wreck the diff!

That's why they still usually call for a flatbed if the car is AWD.

• Like 1

Maybe get run flat tyres if your driving is mainly local. i had a blow out once on the m25 and in all honesty it's quite a frightening experience just with the noise level, let alone just looking at the AA chap fitting the spare. 

• Like 1

There is also a second generation, larger multi fit spare for heavier vehicles such as SUVs, etc. Yes they won't suit every vehicle, but it is an alternative to carrying around a heavy spare all time.

How often do you get a puncture? In the last 10 years and more, we've had one slow puncture, where it was safe enough to drive to our Toyota dealer for a free repair, and one puncture which necessitated changing the wheel (done by the AA, and where the tyre was also safely repaired).

• Like 1

That's not really a good way to look at it - By that logic, we wouldn't need data backups because how often does your organization get hacked by ransomware, or seat belts or airbags, because how often do you get in a vehicle collision?

It's just there as a safeguard - I haven't had a puncture for ages, but I went though a period where I had them so often I trialled that Puncturesafe stuff as if I had 4 punctures it would have paid for itself (And it almost did except one if the subsequent puncture was in the sidewall... murphy's law strikes again!)

Also having a spare means you won't have to wait like 3 hours for the AA to turn up if you're in the stix somewhere - Knowing you have the tools and equipment to get yourself out of a jam just lends some peace of mind.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's not really a good way to look at it - By that logic, we wouldn't need data backups because how often does your organization get hacked by ransomware, or seat belts or airbags, because how often do you get in a vehicle collision?

It's just there as a safeguard - I haven't had a puncture for ages, but I went though a period where I had them so often I trialled that Puncturesafe stuff as if I had 4 punctures it would have paid for itself (And it almost did except one if the subsequent puncture was in the sidewall... murphy's law strikes again!)

Also having a spare means you won't have to wait like 3 hours for the AA to turn up if you're in the stix somewhere - Knowing you have the tools and equipment to get yourself out of a jam just lends some peace of mind.

Having had a wrtitten off rim and three punctures in the last 12 months I'm fully in favour of a proper spare. They know where they can stick that gunk!

• Like 4

I finally sorted my own space saver and I used the Toyota parts listing shown in this thread unaware at the time  that 3 of the items were not needed after all, new dummy floor deck board, inner quarter panel trim and a rear panel trim piece that goes across the the body panel around the lock striker.  This was because the 3 parts in question are already standard fit for 2022 models.  The 3 surplus parts were returned just in time to the dealer and he refunded my card for £106 only 24 hours before the 30 day deadline for returns lapsed.    So the entire cost of the tool kit, polystyrene blocks  and the space saver was £265 incl vat.

Like others have said I just prefer a spare and then if a flat occurs have it repaired if viable rather than use the goo kit  and totally ruin my chances of having a conventional repair because the  tyre company doesn't want the bother of removing the goo from the wheel and lose a new tyre sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links