Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much over priced is this Aygo

Bruce Lea

Looking possible Aygo, for example how much is this car over priced by?https://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/details/toyota/aygo/manual-petrol-white-hatchback-ro18hup/?campaign=drive+away+today

I've not seen one with black instead of the red on the door panels and roof

Do the back seats fold flat?

Is the sunroof metal or fabric?

Full tank range is?

Rear seat backs fold forwards. Doesn't have cruise control - does have speed limiter. If it does have climate control rather than manual air con, that was part of an option pack. Doesn't have a sunroof - has a red roof decal (fabric sunroofs were just in black). Think you need to physically see the car ....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

Being new to aygo this is basic version?

No. In ascending order you have the X, X-Play, X-pression, X-pure, X-cite special edition and X-clusiv.

So the X-pression is mid range.

• Like 1

It will be more expensive today, due to the used car market's elevated pricing.

A number of factors have affected this, Ukraine war, supply and demand of cars and general price rises in just about everything.

When I was looking at similar models, mileage and year of Aygos a year ago, one was probably about £1000 cheaper on the market.

• Like 3

I like the look of it and it does seem well looked after, mileage is reasonable for the year.  I like the look very much as I have not seen many with this combination of colours and decals.   I purchased an ex demonstrator at the start of the year with the same spec but in the grey and without the red roof withe mileage of 1400, the cost then was £11,995 so, to me, the price is about right.  I would certainly consider paying it if I was in the market for an Aygo at the moment.

• Like 1

How much over priced is this Auto Aygo? I would say its worth £8k tops as brand new was worth £8k before sheeple started paying silly money for used cars and sellers are taking buyers for a ride

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207268141877?advertising-location=at_cars&transmission=Automatic&year-from=2014&postcode=Bd23dl&model=AYGO&sort=price-asc&page=7&make=Toyota&include-delivery-option=on&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

I agree Bruce.

Mmmmm, 3 owners and the notoriously dodgy MMT gearbox, definitely wouldn't pay £10300 🤨

• Like 1

The fabric roof is not worth the hassle the one you linked is a standard roof - it also has the X-touch not the 3 button tripleplay (carplay and android auto)

this is a mk2 Aygo, 22 onwards is the Aygo X

X press has the red roof and red decals as a special edition

as above no cruise control, just a speed limiter

Similar topics merged

Bruce, I would spend some time on the internet checking out specs, prices, etc so that before you actually go and view a vehicle you really have an Idea what it's worth.

The prices are set by supply and demand and thus higher than normal for a second hand vehicle.

I certainly wouldn't advocate buying online without viewing and driving the vehicle, although this seems to be common practice nowadays 🙂

It goes to show just how mad second hand car prices are at the moment, similar cars with a similar mileage one a £8,800 and the other at £10,300 which is marked at being £425 pounds below the market average.  Makes my £11,995 for a 2021 registered Aygo with 1,400 on the clock look quite reasonable particularly when the dealer gave me a £11,500 on my Honda CRV.

• Like 2

I ordered my Aygo X Exclusive at the end of March. Now told it is not due in the dealer’s until next week. The price of the car has gone up by at least £600 since I ordered. The price increase does not affect me.

Our old 13 year old Aygo Blu which has given us great service will go on the market soon!

17 hours ago, fordulike said:

It will be more expensive today, due to the used car market's elevated pricing.

A number of factors have affected this, Ukraine war, supply and demand of cars and general price rises in just about everything.

When I was looking at similar models, mileage and year of Aygos a year ago, one was probably about £1000 cheaper on the market.

How has 🇺🇦 war effected car prices? 

I'm just clutching at straws here, but maybe reduced transport of car parts through the logistics system.

I am probably just spouting rubbish though 🤣

46 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

How has 🇺🇦 war effected car prices? 

Depending on the manufacturer, where the car is built, and where parts are sourced, some vehicle manufacturers who source parts from the Ukraine are experiencing delivery delays, having to source parts from elsewhere, etc, etc. 

Examples:

2022 Ukraine war and the car industry | CAR Magazine

Ukrainian Auto Parts Supply Disruption Stops Car Factories (plasticstoday.com)

Europe's carmakers scramble to replace Ukrainian auto parts | Reuters

My brand new ordered (October last year) X-shift X-Clusiv full leather with the reverse sensors and essential pack, kick plates etc costing me exactly £13k all in. I get the feeling Ill be using this vehicle (minus fuel etc) pretty much for free for a good few years if things continue as they are.

Aygo2.jpg

Aygo1.jpg

Aygo3.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fordulike said:

I agree Bruce.

Mmmmm, 3 owners and the notoriously dodgy MMT gearbox, definitely wouldn't pay £10300 🤨

Forduklike, it's auto be better than the manual high bite clutch on manual aygo.

I'd go for auto over a high bite clutch on the manual aygo

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rich146 said:

My brand new ordered (October last year) X-shift X-Clusiv full leather with the reverse sensors and essential pack, kick plates etc costing me exactly £13k all in. I get the feeling Ill be using this vehicle (minus fuel etc) pretty much for free for a good few years if things continue as they are.

Aygo2.jpg

Aygo1.jpg

Aygo3.jpg

Far toooo expensive for such a small car, you could get a used lexus ct200h for similar money. This car is would be worth £9k tops before sheeple started paying silly money for tiny cars

Just now, Bruce Lea said:

Far toooo expensive for such a small car, you could get a used lexus ct200h for similar money. This car is would be worth £9k tops before sheeple started paying silly money for tiny cars

lol . Its about how much I get back not what its worth in your eyes

• Like 1

All used Aygos are overpriced at the moment. Shortage of microchips causing long waits for new cars so people are wanting good used cars hence dealers taking advantage and hiking prices to stupid levels. Even affects the cheap end. I bought my 2009 Blue (one owner, low mileage, full history) 5 years ago for £3000. Looking on Autotrader it would now cost £4000. First car I've had that's been an investment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rich146 said:

lol . Its about how much I get back not what its worth in your eyes

You said you paid £13k on the car, how much do you think you'll get back for it? 

11 minutes ago, Billyboy81 said:

All used Aygos are overpriced at the moment. Shortage of microchips causing long waits for new cars so people are wanting good used cars hence dealers taking advantage and hiking prices to stupid levels. Even affects the cheap end. I bought my 2009 Blue (one owner, low mileage, full history) 5 years ago for £3000. Looking on Autotrader it would now cost £4000. First car I've had that's been an investment.

Well said re dealers making silly profits on aygos, its the sheeple who are too stupid that keep paying silly prices for such a small basic car

Supply and demand Bruce, simple economics, nothing you can do about it, you just need to live with it 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links