Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car speakers in Toyota Aygo X

Rodoslaw

Hi bought the new Toyota Aygo  X cross pure for £15400.  Car has only 2 front Speakers.Was not aware of that.  Have spoken to many people from Toyota Dealers but they cannot fit 2 car Speakers. If install on my own will lose warranty. It was surprise to me that the car for this price has only 2 Speakers and they cannot fit. There’s JBL system on Toyota website for £299, but Toyota Service cannot help me. Any tip or help please.

According to the specification in the brochure, the Aygo X has 4 Speakers. The JBL system, available as an option when ordering the car, offers 4 'premium' Speakers.

Yes at the end of the day the Pure costs £15.4K, but this is around the same price as other city cars. Inflation, etc is increasing and prices are going up, so whereas a few years ago cars such as the Aygo X cost less, times have moved on.

TOYOTA AYGO X.pdf

Still have only 2 and they cannot help me. 

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to the specification in the brochure, the Aygo X has 4 speakers. The JBL system, available as an option when ordering the car, offers 4 'premium' speakers.

Yes at the end of the day the Pure costs £15.4K, but this is around the same price as other city cars. Inflation, etc is increasing and prices are going up, so whereas a few years ago cars such as the Aygo X cost less, times have moved on.

TOYOTA AYGO X.pdf 4.13 MB · 1 download

Thank you for your email and congratulations on your new Aygo X!

In answer to your question of fitting additional Speakers to the back to vehicle, unfortunately there is no option or additional Speakers that we offer as genuine parts for you to fit so any additional items that are added via a third party could invalidate the warranty should any issues arise later on relating to the systems that have been amended.

I understand this will come as disappointing news but trust we have made our position clear.

Thank you for contacting Toyota GB.

Kind regards,

Scot

This an email from them
Scot Day
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

image.thumb.png.88539d217dcaf92d8ded58f29d29a851.png

Are you sure you haven't got two tweeters in the dashboard - like the previous Aygo.

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Clearly in the brochure it states 4 speakers, so tweeters in the dash/A pillars and mid in the doors = 4 speakers

Have got only 2 front speakers 

Have no idea who's right who is wrobg

Duplicate posts showing Toyota GB's response removed.

Can you take a picture of your A-pillars and an open door?

6 hours ago, Rodoslaw said:

Have got only 2 front speakers 

Have no idea who's right who is wrobg

Can you PM your chassis or reg # as when I select another Aygo X Pure its has 4 Speakers, 2 tweeters on top dash corners, 2 woofers in lower front door ( There is also an additional speaker top LH dash corner for the e-call sos system)  this applies for all grades without JBL.

JBL switches all 4 Speakers with upgraded units, adds an amplifier and a subwoofer in the rear, this is a factory only option as the head unit differs ( no internal amp ) the dash wiring differs,  floor harness differs etc making it too expensive to make available as an accessory.

Provided this is the new Aygo Cross 2022 I thought it had more Speakers. There is an option for the JBL system which provides 5.  It is quite possible to fit more Speakers or a different sound system. If you don’t fancy the job yourself then companies like Autosounds can do it.

Don’t be out off when some try to tell you you lose your warranty. You don’t and can’t in law. Where you may lose the warranty is if the work done causes problems then such problems would not be covered (which is what has been said above) but if that arises your installer is liable. 

I looked at an after purchase fit of better sound before ordering my Aygo X Exclusive but ended up opting for the JBL system. Hopefully I will know how good it is next week. My delivery has now been delayed again and am told next week.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:00 AM, Devon Aygo said:

Can you PM your chassis or reg # as when I select another Aygo X Pure its has 4 speakers, 2 tweeters on top dash corners, 2 woofers in lower front door ( There is also an additional speaker top LH dash corner for the e-call sos system)  this applies for all grades without JBL.

JBL switches all 4 speakers with upgraded units, adds an amplifier and a subwoofer in the rear, this is a factory only option as the head unit differs ( no internal amp ) the dash wiring differs,  floor harness differs etc making it too expensive to make available as an accessory.

Thank for your post. Have spoken to customer Service in uk and my car should have 4.Got an email from a Toyota Dealer and they want to see my car and check. When you order online the cheapest Aygo pure white it contains 4 Speakers as standard. When you car has only two that means you car is worthy less. Thank for your help

On 8/18/2022 at 9:28 AM, Donrald said:

Provided this is the new Aygo Cross 2022 I thought it had more speakers. There is an option for the JBL system which provides 5.  It is quite possible to fit more speakers or a different sound system. If you don’t fancy the job yourself then companies like Autosounds can do it.

Don’t be out off when some try to tell you you lose your warranty. You don’t and can’t in law. Where you may lose the warranty is if the work done causes problems then such problems would not be covered (which is what has been said above) but if that arises your installer is liable. 

I looked at an after purchase fit of better sound before ordering my Aygo X Exclusive but ended up opting for the JBL system. Hopefully I will know how good it is next week. My delivery has now been delayed again and am told next week.

Got an e

On 8/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

According to the specification in the brochure, the Aygo X has 4 speakers. The JBL system, available as an option when ordering the car, offers 4 'premium' speakers.

TOYOTA AYGO X.pdf 4.13 MB · 13 downloads

Thank you so much for your help. You have saved me. Yes my car should have 4 Speakers. Sent this leaflet to Toyota customer service and got an email that says my car should have been fitted with 4 no 2. Secondly when you order online the cheapest Toyota Aygo x cross for £15400 the car should have 4 Speakers no 2. Got another email from dealer and they want to see my car. They don’t believe me I think. Kind regards 

Toyota Customer Relations ref: CASE1704666

Dear Mr 

Thank you for your reply.

The brochure you supplied does state you have 4 Speakers in the vehicle. Two in the front and two in the back.

If you are not happy with the vehicle I would recommend taking it back to the dealership you purchased it from to see if they can offer to buy it back off you but I am afraid we can not help with fitting more speaks into the car.

You can locate your nearest Toyota dealership here: https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/publish/my_toyota_my_dealers

I trust we have made our position clear and thank you for contacting Toyota GB.

Kind regards,

Scot

Scot Day
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  

At the end of the day, it's a base spec car, as it's so new technical info is hard to come by 4 Speakers will be in the doors or 2 in the front and 2 in the rear trim - what is the issue with the sound rear speaker in the rear door are down low so and are for rear fill

you can check the Speakers using the balance and fader fade all the way rear and adjust the balance

Basically we're going nowhere with this topic.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:00 AM, Devon Aygo said:

Can you PM your chassis or reg # as when I select another Aygo X Pure its has 4 speakers, 2 tweeters on top dash corners, 2 woofers in lower front door

On the 18th August Devon Aygo, who works for a Toyota dealer, asked you to send him a personal message with either your chassis number or registration number. I suspect you haven't bothered to do this.

An alternative would be to take it back to your dealer and either ask them to actually show you where the Speakers are, or, as Toyota GB have suggested if you're that unhappy with fhe car, ask them to buy it back from you.

Until you actually do something positive, we and you are just going round in circles.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

TOYOTA AYGO X.pdf 4.13 MB · 13 downloads

Thank you for your help 

The JBL option is only available on the Exclusive or the JBL edition

its the same 9" display but with the amplifier (the amp is speaker level driven)

Other than the Subwoofer for the JBL system no Aygo X has rear speakers:

image.thumb.png.eb52d1480003fe04ca90a6a0dda7e63d.png

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Other than the Subwoofer for the JBL system no Aygo X has rear speakers:

image.thumb.png.eb52d1480003fe04ca90a6a0dda7e63d.png

so what does the standard system look like ? Just tweets in the dash/pillars and mid's in the door just like the KGB40

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

so what does the standard system look like ? Just tweets in the dash/pillars and mid's in the door just like the KGB40

Yes

On 8/17/2022 at 12:28 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Are you sure you haven't got two tweeters in the dashboard - like the previous Aygo.

Thank you for help.Have spoken to dealer and they said that my car should have 4 Speakers no 2 thank for help

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

Yes

On 8/19/2022 at 3:42 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Basically we're going nowhere with this topic.

On the 18th August Devon Aygo, who works for a Toyota dealer, asked you to send him a personal message with either your chassis number or registration number. I suspect you haven't bothered to do this.

An alternative would be to take it back to your dealer and either ask them to actually show you where the speakers are, or, as Toyota GB have suggested if you're that unhappy with fhe car, ask them to buy it back from you.

Until you actually do something positive, we and you are just going round in circles.

Thank you for your help.Have spoken to dealer and they have said that car should have 4 Speakers no 2 . Customer service has confirmed this information 

• 5 months later...

6.5" in the front doors 4" or tweeters in the dash, if you want an upgrade go with 2 way components and sound deaden the doors

• Thanks 1