Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealer

steviebe65

Word to the wise. Don't buy used vehicles from Vantage Toyota LEEDS. Their customer service is bad and if you have any problems with vehicle they then look for the cheapest way out. Purchased 2020 Rav 4. After home delivery spotted rust on leading edge of roof. Was going on holiday but told would be sorted. Now in disagreement with principle manager as he says was just a chip not body damage so just ground down and blown over. You chaps be the judge of that.

Image.jpeg

To be honest Stephen it does look like a large stone chip. Is it located above the front window. If so then it looks like a flying object has bounced then hit the roof.

3 hours ago, steviebe65 said:

just a chip not body damage so just ground down and blown over

I'm not clear on what you are saying here ...

It looks more like a "stone chip" than "body damage" but irrespective of how it occurred it appears that it has gone all the way through to the metal which is now rusted and pitted. How old is this RAV4? Your profile says 2012 while your post states 2020 ... I would expect to see that much rust on a 2020 car however badly it has been neglected.

Either way, I guess the question is how to fix it, and I would assume that the appropriate repair would be to grind it down, remove / treat the rust, fill, prime and 'blow over' - I wouldn't expect them to replace the whole panel.

What would you expect as an acceptable remedy?

It seems to show the paint around the damaged area is lifting and it looks like something I would expect to see on a much older car than a 2020 model, modern day base coats are resistant to damage like stone chips.

The other thing is the top coat, I haven't seen that colour before but someone may know different.

• Like 1

Easy repair, vac blast, that's a confined and targeted grit blast which will absolutely remove corrosion, then usual painting process. You should be confident that will be it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links