Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should the Hybrid badge be on the front wings

Leo63

I have a 22 reg 2.0 CHR GR Sport and over the last few months I have noticed older CHR GR Sports and even on the TV adverts and the Toyota website the CHR Sport as the Hybrid Badge on the front wings. But the newer CHR Sport they are missing?

Toyota decided to remove the badges on the wings from this years model. It’s still on the rear so it was probably overkill on the wings as well I think.

• Like 2

Aside from the cost savings, as all C-HR's, Yaris and Corollas now on sale new in the UK are hybrids, as opposed to 1.2T's and 1.0's, is there much point in displaying hybrid badges in more than one place??

• Like 2

Flexing/Showing off - That's what it's all about! Same reason the Aygo has so many plastic trim design highlights all over it - Toyota thinks it appeals to 'the kids' :laugh: 

It's a bit like those cars you sometimes see at car meets and car shows, e.g. a 1.0L Corsa with VXR GTI 16v V6 Injection Turbo AMG Kompressor STI badges stuck all over the back! :laugh:  (I may have missed some...)

• Haha 1

Toyota employee had read  our posts here and decided to factory “de badge”  hybrid emblems on the newest models to fight against cat thefts 😂👌 In other regions new Toyota hybrids does come with badges. 🤐👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My car built after my order dated July 7th and collected August 19th has hybrid badges on the front wings.   Ironically I will be removing all the car's badges,   Toyota CHR and all 3 hybrid badges.   I just like panels free from any identification and a smoother look making cleaning and polishing easy for me.  I always refit them when moving the car on after first taking a paper template  prior to removal.  

• Like 2

There's a 22 plate C-HR I see often that has hybrid badges on the front wings - I assumed it was old 21 built stock.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, Cyker said:

Flexing/Showing off - That's what it's all about! Same reason the Aygo has so many plastic trim design highlights all over it - Toyota thinks it appeals to 'the kids' :laugh: 

It's a bit like those cars you sometimes see at car meets and car shows, e.g. a 1.0L Corsa with VXR GTI 16v V6 Injection Turbo AMG Kompressor STI badges stuck all over the back! :laugh:  (I may have missed some...)

I personally stick badges on my tsport reading "Turbo nutter baseball cap" although I try to be discreet and only put these on the rear of the car, and then only on Sunday nights at the local MC D car park meet.

• Haha 3

OOPs again,  shows how much attention I paid to my new car which I had imagined had front wing Hybrid badges when in fact there are no badges at all on the front wings.  Removed the tailgate badges today for a cleaner look, that damn double sided tape these car badges have is so annoying when trying to remove it after the Badge is removed.    Templates made and photos taken for when I may need to refit them. 

• Like 2

Badges can be also magnet fitted and remove whenever you need or  want. I was planing to do that but can't find a spare time for the this at the moment. 

• Like 1

Having had many a magnetic L-plate fly off the back of my various cars back in the day, occasionally to stick to the car behind, I'd recommend much stronger magnets!! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... and many of the body panels these days are non-magnetic plastic!

Unable to use magnetic GB / UK plates on either the RAV4 or C-HR ...

• Like 3

oops,  I forgot that, the  cars are made of sugar these days 🤣👍

Well I guess it's one way to stop them rusting! :laugh: 

• 1 month later...

Almost all panels are aluminium these days, plus, Tailgates are often composite. Good luck with the magnet idea. 😬😉

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:19 PM, sh22 said:

OOPs again,  shows how much attention I paid to my new car which I had imagined had front wing Hybrid badges when in fact there are no badges at all on the front wings.  Removed the tailgate badges today for a cleaner look, that damn double sided tape these car badges have is so annoying when trying to remove it after the badge is removed.    Templates made and photos taken for when I may need to refit them. 

To remove the remaining double sided tape or glue use either WD40 or baby oil works a treat.

• Thanks 1

I've always had good results with WD-40

• Like 2