Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disable EPB to brake maintenance

Benuron

Hi all,

It´s time to change the brakes disks and pads, I would like to know, if there is a service mode available on the Auris Hybrid E18 to disable the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake).

I´ve check all contents here and also and other foruns, but only give instructions with the Corolla and Rav4.

Can someone help me with that, or if did it already?

Thanks on advance

7 hours ago, Benuron said:

Hi all,

It´s time to change the brakes disks and pads, I would like to know, if there is a service mode available on the Auris Hybrid E18 to disable the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake).

I´ve check all contents here and also and other foruns, but only give instructions with the Corolla and Rav4.

Can someone help me with that, or if did it already?

Thanks on advance

Hello and welcome. 
Here some tips how to disengage parking brake without scan tool. Watch and practice few times until you are familiar. Good to have rewind tool, torque wrench, ratchet set , 14mm and 17mm plus 17mm spanner, brake cleaner spray, quality parts , silicone grease and wire brushes. Make sure you clean all parts thoroughly from any grease , brake dust and dirt. Also important when rewind the pistons in to stop them at exact locations with opening toward pads pins if your pads are fitted with one. Also because you are working on hybrid you need to be sure that your electronic brake booster has released its pressure before you start dismantling any brake parts and keep drivers door either shut or open but do not touch it at all while working on the car. If the door gets shut or open the ebb will operate and poke out the calliper pistons. 

You can save and watch that guys videos about Toyota maintenance. 
Good luck 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links