Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Pod Connection ?

sh22

Wonder if any techy out there can explain why plugging my i pod nano in to the usb port fails to show the ipod when pressing the Mode button.   The usb is greyed out in the list of modes so of course I couldn't experience my new JBL system having just picked up my new CHR this morning.    DAB radio and FM stations work ok but in our Yaris and my 2 previous ES300 Lexus cars I just connected the ipod via a usb cable and the ipod just appears when I went through the mode function button.    

I'll be really disappointed if I have lost the use of my ipod as my main source of music.   

Which head unit do you have?

Touch 2 MM19 - Two knobs and silver buttons

Smart Connect - One knob

Hi have you checked your usb setting to see if is switched on I had the same problem on my old Corolla nothing would work in the usb socket as it was greyed out I had to go in the settings and turn the usb on.

Thanks lads for coming back.   

Lee, I have the latest Smart Connect, one knob

Chris, I went into settings but the sub menu I think doesn't drill down into usb and whether it's on or off.

It has to be something simple if the i pod will work in the 2021 Yaris my wife has and my 2022 Lexus ES300h  was no problem either despite the i pod nano being ancient with no blue tooth function hence the need to us a usb cable.

All sorted but ended up transferring my entire library on the iPod over to my Mac computer and then from my Mac onto a usb memory stick and plugged that into the USB port. The system recognised the stick immediately and I can access my tunes and use the full intergrated steering wheel functions to scroll the entire library.  The screen also shows the  image of the album cover, time lapse of song etc and of course no hard wire which my iPod requires in the Yaris.    

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links