Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver

c90

Thank you both, if the rain stops I'll have a go at it.

Made a start and got it out. Dropped the nut and washer off the cargo loop on the Battery side. And bugger my luck if it went in the gap underneath the Battery. Anybody moved the Battery, and know if there's a cut out under there. Or am I gonna have to dig around with a bit of wire and see if I can drag it back out from the void.

Go fishing with a bit of stiff wire with a loop on the end would be a better idea then removing the 12 volt Battery.

Unless you have a long flexible grabber or magnet in your tool collection.

That's what I'm planning on. But the weather is so ****, I trying in between showers.

Want to trade your rain showers for my nuclear humidity inferno?? :wacko::laugh: 

• Like 1

All sorted. Came out on the end of a telescopic magnet.

• Like 1

Another victory for the good ol' magnet-on-a-stick! :laugh: 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Having decided to have a space saver wheel for the 2022 2.0 litre Hybrid CHR,   I followed with interest other members who successfully bought the necessary parts to do same.  All parts arrived but today when I went to install the parts I found out to my horror my car's floor panel won't accept a wheel and was never intended to have one as there wasn't even the encapsulated nut/bracket welded to the floor for the retaining bolt/handle.  The 12volt Battery is also taking up space.  

So the the inner quarter trim panel, the rear plastic panel trim panel, 2 pieces of moulded foam and a new hard board floor are all of no use.      I am keeping the space saver wheel, jack and tools but the wheel will have to stay in the boot eating into the limited space.    I'm sure the dealer will take back the parts I can't use.

I'm assuming the 2022 floor was modified in some way and is different to other 2.0 hybrid CHR's.  Not sure if  earlier CHR's  even had the 12 volt Battery in the boot as my car has.   I should have waited till the car arrived so I could evaluate the space available for a space saver.       

Empty Floor Space.jpg

Storage Tray.jpg

Tray and Battery.jpg

• Like 1

The bolthole for the hold down is there, the inset sits in the tray and the wheel sits on that

note the threaded hole

415886733_EmptyFloorSpace.thumb.jpg.9c116f923a9836b8490710ec5c1bd49b.jpg

a pic from another thread

IMG_20220526_113554.jpg.ff4fb1153579f8a8

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sh22 said:

Having decided to have a space saver wheel for the 2022 2.0 litre Hybrid CHR,   I followed with interest other members who successfully bought the necessary parts to do same.  All parts arrived but today when I went to install the parts I found out to my horror my car's floor panel won't accept a wheel and was never intended to have one as there wasn't even the encapsulated nut/bracket welded to the floor for the retaining bolt/handle.  The 12volt battery is also taking up space.  

So the the inner quarter trim panel, the rear plastic panel trim panel, 2 pieces of moulded foam and a new hard board floor are all of no use.      I am keeping the space saver wheel, jack and tools but the wheel will have to stay in the boot eating into the limited space.    I'm sure the dealer will take back the parts I can't use.

I'm assuming the 2022 floor was modified in some way and is different to other 2.0 hybrid CHR's.  Not sure if  earlier CHR's  even had the 12 volt battery in the boot as my car has.   I should have waited till the car arrived so I could evaluate the space available for a space saver.       

Empty Floor Space.jpg

Storage Tray.jpg

Tray and Battery.jpg

Here is my 2022 GR Sport with it all in place.

20220608_102342.thumb.jpg.1afc5e1d0ceeaaeea6436b843edae1e4.jpg20220608_102247.thumb.jpg.78b123b52df8c17c2651bb68903ed3b5.jpg20220608_102239.thumb.jpg.f3d9b2322c34cf284ddb5410a62bf9f8.jpg

• Like 3

Very neat.  

Would a punctured wheel fit in there? 

• Like 3

No the punctured wheel doesn't not fit in the wheel well in will fit in boot or on the wife knee in the front passenger seat 🤣.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Leo63 said:

No the punctured wheel doesn't not fit in the wheel well in will fit in boot or on the wife knee in the front passenger seat 🤣.

Or does the wife fit in the boot .....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leo63 said:

I asked as SAAB had a full size wheel mounted vertically at the side of the boot.   The next model had a space saver.  The space saver did what it says and allowed for much more luggage in the boot. 

Just after the ticket booth,  and before boarding the ferry,  I had to unload the boot,  extract the space saver from under the boot floor,  remove the road wheel,  reload the luggage,  which left just one small problem. 

How to fit wife,  2 young daughters and a socking great wheel  inside.   Next morning we had to drive 2 hours into France until we found a garage with a new wheel and willing to fit it there and then. 

Space savers are better than an aerosol can of gunk until unless you need to use the space they saved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Or does the wife fit in the boot .....

At times I wish 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sh22 said:

Having decided to have a space saver wheel for the 2022 2.0 litre Hybrid CHR,   I followed with interest other members who successfully bought the necessary parts to do same.  All parts arrived but today when I went to install the parts I found out to my horror my car's floor panel won't accept a wheel and was never intended to have one as there wasn't even the encapsulated nut/bracket welded to the floor for the retaining bolt/handle.  The 12volt battery is also taking up space.  

I'm assuming the 2022 floor was modified in some way and is different to other 2.0 hybrid CHR's.  Not sure if  earlier CHR's  even had the 12 volt battery in the boot as my car has.   I should have waited till the car arrived so I could evaluate the space available for a space saver.       

Have a read through this thread where it gives the part numbers you need.  You don't need the new boot floor (since yours already has the raised floor due to the battery), nor the quarter trim panel.  There’s also a fair chance the moulded foam parts will be the wrong ones too, along with the retainer bolt being much cheaper but too long (judging by the parts list my local Toyota dealer initially gave for mine).

OK chaps, I can see where I have gone wrong and misunderstood how the wheel fits. I will try again tomorrow and start over.  Dooh !!!!!

Thanks to all who helped me and took the trouble to put me right.

All good now, thanks to Bob Flash 22 for the direction as to where the encapsulated nut was.

Alan333 is correct also about the hardboard floor cover, don't need that or the near side rear inner quarter panel trim and the rear panel trim piece around the striker plate is also not needed.  

The two pieces of foam are ok as is the securing bolt to hold the wheel in place. They fit fine,  so just 3 pieces of trim to return hopefully.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sh22 said:

All good now, thanks to Bob Flash 22 for the direction as to where the encapsulated nut was.

Alan333 is correct also about the hardboard floor cover, don't need that or the near side rear inner quarter panel trim and the rear panel trim piece around the striker plate is also not needed.  

The two pieces of foam are ok as is the securing bolt to hold the wheel in place. They fit fine,  so just 3 pieces of trim to return hopefully.  

Beware my original rear trim piece around the striker plate stops the wheel from sitting down in place, the wheel jams against the trim and sits on the bottom lip of it instead.  The replacement piece is curved and has the bottom lip missing such that the wheel misses it and sits down flat and level (see pic). Where are the two foam pieces fitted?  Any chance of a pic pls?  Mine has only one (see pic).

7DCDDC85-C274-48F7-953E-A5D024BA56F1.jpeg

852D2AC2-05B4-4E96-B588-8F4BE41D1AC7.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks Alan for the pics.  Yes I bought the larger rear panel trim with the curved area in front of the striker plate cut out.   As my car was built in June 2022 is was fitted with the latest larger plastic trim  hence my ability to leave well alone and return the item along with the near side rear inner quarter panel piece and of course the dummy floor panel.  The Toyota dealer managed to do 3 return of parts requests 24 hours before the 30 day refund period lapsed so I was very lucky he did this while I was on the phone giving the 3 parts numbers to him.   All 3 items were accepted as returns to a value of £106 back on my card.   Result.

All is now as I wanted with the space saver secured to the floor and the foam tool holders wrapped around it.  Total cost £236 incl vat to have a space saver which I didn't think was a bad price given the wheel itself was £165 incl vat.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 7:12 PM, alan333 said:

Where are the two foam pieces fitted?  Any chance of a pic pls?  Mine has only one (see pic).

852D2AC2-05B4-4E96-B588-8F4BE41D1AC7.jpeg

Sorry mate I didn’t explain/ask that very well.  I thought you meant you had two foamy pieces under the wheel, not the two main pieces which hold the boot floor up (sometimes I wonder about myself). I assume you have the piece under the wheel tho?

• 3 months later...

We have a 2016 1.2 ltr C-HR. When I spoke with Toyota they said that a spare wheel was not available for that year, although there is for a 2017. I did not think there was any difference 2016 to 2017. Is this correct.

• 3 months later...

Do you know if this kit will fit the orange edition with the JBL sub