Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Right turn signal now not working

Saj111

Hi all I have a estima 2.4 hybrid 2015 model, everything was working fine, however out of no where the right turn signal stop working, the left works fine, the hazards both work fine, however the right has just stopped working

My first idea would be to check the indicator stalk. Does it latch into place both ways?

• Like 1

I've read similar posts on the net with all makes of car with this problem. A possible issue is that the contacts within the stalk, oxidize and then electricity can't flow to complete the circuit.

With the key in the off position, try gently operating the stalk to the right indicator position, then off again. Do this dozens of times.

See if this action clears the oxidation and allows it to work again.

This is only clutching at straws and may not be the actual issue, but worth a try.

• Like 1

The right stalk click into place and when you turn right it clicks back, 

The only time this happend to me was with a lease car and garage replaced the stork it just plug in

but the real problem was a loose wire rhat was once soldered on the stork comming loose.

Garage returnd old part to me and my curiosity took over.

So it may pay you to look closer with a flashlight after removing a cover or two if you have to.

• Like 1

Tried moving it up and down whilst car was off still no joy left in down in right turn overnight see if that helped still no joy 

Seems to be working again, checked all the wiring everything looked fine was ready to take steering wheel off and take the indicator stalk off, but before I took the stalk off thought I'd give it another go and it just started working, had the car Battery disconnected the whole time, random possible something to do with the above suggestion of the electrodes etc 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, Saj111 said:

The right stalk click into place and when you turn right it clicks back, 

Edited by Paulscarbs

• 4 months later...

Out of nowhere this started working, has worked for a few months and now stopped working again

If the hazards work, it's a stalk problem

2 options on a 2015 AHR20

84140-42070

84140-42080 (front fog lights)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeh I think it must be the stork, any idea if there is a video about on how to replace it

Battery disconnected, remove the airbag, remove the wheel, remove the upper and lower cowl, remove the clockspring

it's a fairly standard job

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links