Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Real MPG Touring Sport 1.8

Tiguan69

Hi - What are drivers getting in terms of actual mpg driving a 1.8 Touring Sport please?

I consistently get 68 mpg in the summer and around 64 in the winter according to the on board computer. When I work it out after a fill up it's usually around 4 mpg less

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting an average of 61 over the year. Around 58 in the winter and 64 in the summer. Quite a lot of short (sub 8 mile) journeys take their toll in the winter months with fuel being spent warming the engine and interior. We also live in a very urban area, so quite a lot of congestion. A journey home late on Friday night (almost no traffic) recorded 84 mpg, whereas the same journey on a busy afternoon sees around 65-70. 

• Like 2

Mine sits on 63.5 real life(around 66 on the dash) for the last 7k miles, since I started recording my fill ups in Fuelio app

Just had a 2k miles journey to North Wales and Scotland and averaged 61.5 real life(64 on the dash) for the whole trip

Very happy with those numbers 

Had my first service already- the car is only 5.5 months old and done 10.4k miles 

So far very happy

• Like 3

I've not reset my trip meter since March and I'm showing 61.2mpg, running on crossclimate 2's. (according to MyT app)

• Like 3

Our TS is sitting at around 57-60 mpg depending on the trips. That's the average on the tank(around 420-430 miles when I have to fill up) I have managed 85 mpg once on a trip to work.

The car has the 17" tyres if that makes a difference and we live in Hampshire near Portsmouth which can get a bit hectic traffic wise. 

• Like 1

Thanks all - main trip will be around 13 miles each way - mainly A road up to 60mph and the dual carriageway with final mile or so in town so hopefully will get good figures on the open roads! 

I assume air con and heaters do impact the mpg? 

1 hour ago, Tiguan69 said:

Thanks all - main trip will be around 13 miles each way - mainly A road up to 60mph and the dual carriageway with final mile or so in town so hopefully will get good figures on the open roads! 

I assume air con and heaters do impact the mpg? 

Air con has a quite small effect as it runs from the traction Battery and doesn’t require the ICE to function.  Heater has a large effect ( by comparison) as the only heat for the interior comes from the ICE. That is mainly why winter and summer consumptions are different. 

• Like 2

AC in Toyota hybrids does affect efficiency and performance a bit but mostly when car used in town at low speeds where usually is in ev when ac is working and its hot the ice will kick in lot more to help the Battery. With your use A roads up to 60mph you are looking at around 55-65mpg winter/summer fuel consumption real world. 

It's funny because it's almost the opposite of a normal car, where heating is practically free but AC is a big fuel penalty!

• Like 1

My figures not quite as good as the above.

I have averaged 52.1 on fuely app over 2174 miles in 7 weeks. 

In the cars defense, it has done most of that mileage on motorways 500 miles towing a 400kg trailer and when solo driven with quite a heavy right foot. 

Regarding the a/c efficiency, we were stuck for over 2 hours on the Dartford bridge in over 30c heat and the engine only kicked in 3 or 4 times to keep the car cool.  Before anyone complains we had a dog in the car so we had to keep it cool.

• Like 3

Ahh the Dartford crossing, fired all the attendants and raised the prices but still just as slow and congested as ever! And that's when it hasn't been shut because it's too windy/rainy/foggy/etc...

I'd say 52mpg with towing and being stuck in a 2 hour jam is pretty good - Not many cars, even diesel ones, would get that in similar situations!

• Like 1

Toyota self charging hybrids are the best cars if you ever get stuck in a traffic for many hours, you have highest survival chances. Bev or ice cars will finish their sources of energy before you. 

• Like 1

My diesel Mk1 would be better in a zombie apocalypse than the Mk4  tho' (Can make my own fuel easier and the Mk4 wouldn't let me run over the zombies, instead BRAKE! no car dont stop no argh help my brainsszzz... braaaiiinnnnnsssss)

I may have given this more thought than it deserves...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

My diesel Mk1 would be better in a zombie apocalypse than the Mk4  tho' (Can make my own fuel easier and the Mk4 wouldn't let me run over the zombies, instead BRAKE! no car dont stop no argh help my brainsszzz... braaaiiinnnnnsssss)

That for the zombies its so funny, there are plenty in London so your car is on the safer side 😂👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They must be migrating,we are overrun with the pesky limb losing sods.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Cyker said:

Zombies may not have a radar reflection so you can just mow them down without the beeps!!!

• Haha 2

I get a consistent 68.5 in a 1.8 Icon. It has the standard wheeels which probably helps. I did once get 80 on a slow cross country run but 68.5 is the average.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Portsmouth to Cardiff fuel consumption. Cruise set at 70 motorways and dual carriageways, normal driving conditions, 3 adults, 1 child, plus luggage. Not bad! 

IMG_20220827_160615.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links