Do Not Sell My Personal Information

64.8 MPG average!!!

AygoIvan

Ok… I just bought a brand new 2022 AYGO Pure (manual). Absolutely love it!🥰.. What was a pleasant surprise is the fuel consumption. Had to take care of business in Luton, so took a trip down the M25 and then the M1.. Was driving steadily, using cruise control when able.. The were one or two slow patches - bumper to bumper/stop start. But overall was driving steadily 60 and at times 65..

Bottom  line is the trip computer showed 64.8 MPG average!!! My Toyota RAV4 Hybrid that had traded in was no where near …🤨.. So was pleasantly surprised that it performed better than the manufacturers published figures.. It seems with current fuel prices, the future is after the AYGO. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

• Like 4

Well My Hibrid yaris is returming for the this week just checked the figure 72.5mpg and for the month 71.7mpg so I am pleased.

The offical Euro Test figure is 65.6mpg

• Like 4

My old 16 plate aygo used to run between 50-65 mpg depending on hard I pushed her, sadly miss driving her 

• Like 1

71.2 on my Yaris Design which am well pleased with! and on my first long drive out, 114 miles, quite a few hills and approx 63mph on motorways to help change 12v Battery at same time on the way but that's good going MPG in that new Aygo 👍

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AygoIvan said:

Ok… I just bought a brand new 2022 AYGO Pure (manual). Absolutely love it!🥰.. What was a pleasant surprise is the fuel consumption. Had to take care of business in Luton, so took a trip down the M25 and then the M1.. Was driving steadily, using cruise control when able.. The were one or two slow patches - bumper to bumper/stop start. But overall was driving steadily 60 and at times 65..

Bottom  line is the trip computer showed 64.8 MPG average!!! My Toyota RAV4 Hybrid that had traded in was no where near …🤨.. So was pleasantly surprised that it performed better than the manufacturers published figures.. It seems with current fuel prices, the future is after the AYGO. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

When our 13 year old Yaris was new we always got about 53 mpg with local motoring. Now it is 47 mpg. Well done with your 64.8 mpg. That is great news, will have to see what my new one does. It’s an automatic coming this week I am told.

• Like 5

I have had an Aygo X for a few months, having had 4 previous Aygos over the last 10 years. My last one average about 56mpg overall, and as the new X is a bigger car I expected worse fuel consumption. In fact it is averaging about 61mpg on short runs which are not ideal for good consumption figures.

However I have a GPS gadget that gives an accurate speed readout and like most cars it indicates the Aygo’s speedometer is about 8-10% fast, if that is linked to the odometer and fuel computations, then the figure calculated by the cars computer for mpg could be a little optimistic. But I am still delighted with it, lovely, comfy, roomy, nippy car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I regularly get around the 65mpg mark doing a half hour 20 mile run to work, mostly 50mpg speed zone motorway with a couple of 30mph roads in between. 2019 Aygo X-PRESS (but from what I've read it's the same engine in the Aygo Cross). Very pleasantly surprised too - should have ditched larger vehicles years ago for a simpler and lighter car! 

• Like 1

My 2020 X-shift is averaging 59mpg in heavy stop start driving which I'm well happy with. My daughters 2015 model is averaging 64mpg with more dual carriageway driving, will be interesting to see how the X fairs when it eventually arrives.