Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and (TPWS)

sh22

Is it me as I can't find the actual display which allows me to see the tyre pressure readings in the tyres.  All CHR's  are fitted with both the monitoring and warning software according to the brochure but I have been through ever option in the on board computer display but only came across an option to SET the system based on the correct pressures when cold.    MY wife and son's Yaris models both have a visual display of the actual readings as well as the warning light if a tyre loses pressure. 

Also I read the manual front to rear and couldn't find out if the main beam stalk has to be pushed forward when activating the adaptive high beams when driving at night or left alone.   A Lexus ES300 I owned this year required the stalk to be pushed forward when using this function but my wife's Yaris doesn't need the stalk pushed forward.   Does the CHR need the stalking pushing forward I wonder.   

Wondered if I have missed something, any clues people?

26 minutes ago, sh22 said:

Is it me as I can't find the actual display which allows me to see the tyre pressure readings in the tyres.  All CHR's  are fitted with both the monitoring and warning software according to the brochure but I have been through ever option in the on board computer display but only came across an option to SET the system based on the correct pressures when cold.    MY wife and son's Yaris models both have a visual display of the actual readings as well as the warning light if a tyre loses pressure. 

Also I read the manual front to rear and couldn't find out if the main beam stalk has to be pushed forward when activating the adaptive high beams when driving at night or left alone.   A Lexus ES300 I owned this year required the stalk to be pushed forward when using this function but my wife's Yaris doesn't need the stalk pushed forward.   Does the CHR need the stalking pushing forward I wonder.   

Wondered if I have missed something, any clues people?

The tire pressure warning system simply alerts the driver if any one of the tyres is (well) below the set pressure. It is then up to the driver to work out which tyre that is. It does not give actual tyre pressures (unless that is new for 2022 😉 ).

Automatic high beam is perhaps misnamed - it is really automatic dip. So, yes you need to push the stalk forward to switch the main beam on and enable 'automatic high beam' so that it can detect oncoming vehicles and 'dip' the beam automatically when required.

Cheers Mike, no,  just the basic manual supplied with the car. I will download the full one asap.

Thanks Phil for the feedback on tyre pressure monitoring.  Seems a poor state  of affairs that a £32K car doesn't get a  function to tell a driver what tyre is down and by how much like my son and daughter's entry level Yaris Icon's as well as my Wife's Design Yaris.   What possible increase in cost would prevent Toyota from putting this software feature into all CHR's, their most popular SUV.

OK on the high beam, I will try that out in due course.

Thanks again 

Remember the C-HR is an older product design compared to the current Yaris.

Also the Yaris is aimed mainly at the demographic of people who just don't know how or physically can't check there own tyre pressures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links