Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck in transit/Aygo X Recall - Brakes Issue

Nixxy2401

I ordered the new Aygo X and received the confirmation from MyT that it has left Derby and it is on route to retailer on the 16th of July. It’s now over a month later and no update since. Last week chose the plates for the car. But when asked when the car would arrive, they have told me ETA is still set 5th September. How on earth can it take that long to get from Derby to the retailer which is about a 1.5 hour drive. The dealership cannot give me any further info. Makes no sense. And quite annoyed.

You could query it with Toyota UK Customer Services ...

A lot of people have been having this problem ordering Aygo Xs

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Is it only via email or is there a contact number?

3 minutes ago, Nixxy2401 said:

Is it only via email or is there a contact number?

0344 701 6202

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

2 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Thank you! Will ring Monday 

Mine was ordered in February, made it to Derby end of May and I took delivery this Thursday past. I had the MyT app and got notifications on it such as build started, completed, shipped and where it was on its journey to Derby. This included Zeebrugge, Grimsby and it’s arrival at Derby. However, I received no notification stating it had actually left Derby, it just said in transit from the moment it got to Derby.

This seems to be common. Toyota are not always updating my app. The updating to my app has been several weeks behind the actual position. My Aygo was shown as in transit from the factory for many many weeks when it must have been in Derby. No idea what they do with them there but certainly held there for a long time. Mine was due in at my dealer this last week but now told there has been a delay and it is this. I am guessing they may be short of HGV drivers.

• Like 1

Does anybody here know why the cars stay in Derby for weeks and weeks before delivery? Mine has been there for a couple of months, if not longer. I was eventually told it would be with my dealer last week. Then told it could not be delivered and it will be this week. I checked with Toyota Online yesterday and they confirm it is still in Derby. No indication of when I will get it, despite it being paid for. I am not convinced it is due to a shortage of HGVs.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:25 AM, Donrald said:

Does anybody here know why the cars stay in Derby for weeks and weeks before delivery? Mine has been there for a couple of months, if not longer. I was eventually told it would be with my dealer last week. Then told it could not be delivered and it will be this week. I checked with Toyota Online yesterday and they confirm it is still in Derby. No indication of when I will get it, despite it being paid for. I am not convinced it is due to a shortage of HGVs.

This is what I was sent when I enquired on Monday.

I am waiting for an update from our Network Support (NS) to get some further information on the delays. Unfortunately, Toyota GB are currently experiencing many challenges regarding supply chain for a number of different reasons, for example:

Haulage/Transportation staff shortages within the UK
Severe shipping delays, (effecting both international manufacturers bringing their products into the UK and British manufacturers restocking their components and materials.)
Lockdowns and factory closures in the far east.
Shortages of semi-conductors.
Unprecedented demand since retailers have been allowed to reopen

You may have also seen in the news that many industries are seeing similar delays and are faced with the same predicament and are trying their best to manage the resources and supply chain to accommodate customer demand. We are, of course, doing all we can to mitigate the situation to try to minimise the impact to our customers, but realistically and being honest and open, we are going to see longer lead times for the delivery of products, both in the UK and Europe and also globally.

I can totally understand the frustration of this issue but the delays are something that is out of our control as the parts are not being sent to/delivered from ToyotaHead Office, they are being sourced by suppliers externally. The parts ordered will be on an ETA which is subject to change, however hopefully our NS team can give us some further detail.

I'm sorry for any disappointment caused and I will be in touch once I've had a response.

Thanks. It does not answer the question though. My car and many others is already built, it is not waiting for parts but stuck in Derby for 2 months. I nearly daily see a transporter at my local dealers delivering and he has Aygo X’s on his forecourt for sale. Indeed he has two Aygo X Limited Edition models which surprises me.

My "replacement" Aygo X will be entering its 2nd week parked up at the Toyota Derby Distribution Center being Poo’d on by birds.

I was told that delivery date is now 9th Spetember.  To be honest, I wanted it to be after the 1st September anyway, so that it will be registered as a 72 plate.  So that is me making a positive out of a negative 😀 

• Like 1

Toyota have given me more info and I assume it applies to everyone else:

This delay is a precaution, due to some final step quality checks.  We are currently investigating this and every effort is being made to minimise the inconvenience that this delay to the arrival of your new car will cause.

At this time we have no further information with regards to how long the delay will last. We will be in touch with you as soon as we can provide more detail and update you on the progress of your new car.

I apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this delay may cause. I appreciate the ETA has been delayed a few times now.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

I wonder if it is wheel nuts!!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Donrald said:

Toyota have given me more info and I assume it applies to everyone else:

This delay is a precaution, due to some final step quality checks.  We are currently investigating this and every effort is being made to minimise the inconvenience that this delay to the arrival of your new car will cause.

At this time we have no further information with regards to how long the delay will last. We will be in touch with you as soon as we can provide more detail and update you on the progress of your new car.

I apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this delay may cause. I appreciate the ETA has been delayed a few times now.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

I wonder if it is wheel nuts!!!

I think you will find its bodywork, as another member said it was below par. My corolla was below par and had to sell it on back to the dealer at a loss because the dealer said it was normal, of which i disagreed with 

• Sad 1

It could be faulty paintwork ? That's why mine is being changed !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

It could be faulty paintwork ? That's why mine is being changed !!

It would be interesting to hear from other owners how the paintwork quality is on theirs, I remember you said that your issue only came on after having the vehicle a while Bobby 

Just now, phillev said:

It would be interesting to hear from other owners how the paintwork quality is on theirs, I remember you said that your issue only came on after having the vehicle a while Bobby 

Correct.  Definitely not there on handover.

11 hours ago, Donrald said:

Thanks. It does not answer the question though. My car and many others is already built, it is not waiting for parts but stuck in Derby for 2 months. I nearly daily see a transporter at my local dealers delivering and he has Aygo X’s on his forecourt for sale. Indeed he has two Aygo X Limited Edition models which surprises me.

All cars arriving in the UK will have a varying degree of local additions made including:

• UK book pack
  • UK specific warning/instruction stickers
  • Locking wheel nut set
  • All UK Aygo X get door edge protection film
  • All UK Aygo X get Rear bumper protection film

Plus any additional accessory packs added by the customer will be installed, such as:

• Protection pack
  • Style packs
  • Tow bars

Cars arriving at the depot are sorted into ques depending on what work is to be done to them, once work is complete they join ques for shipping 

One final point, all new models are part of a scheme called EDER ( Early detection early resolution ) where any issue/defect/error/process improvement has to be raised with the corresponding countries Technical department they investigate, potentially reporting back to the models factory engineering team, decide on a repair method and then authorise repairs quite often engineers from the factory will travel and look at the issue in person.

Any of these steps are subject to delay more so since covid where staffing can be an issue, where entire teams, shifts can be lost due to a positive case all team members have to stop work get tested before being allowed back, supply chain issues, shipping issues all add up to make a logistical nightmare and inevitably causes delays along the entire vehicle build and supply chain.

Today we have been informed of an issue affecting Aygo X resulting in a stop delivery instruction until further notice, meaning no Aygo X will now leave depot and no undelivered Aygo X can leave dealerships, we are awaiting instruction on what the issue is and what will be required before deliveries can recommence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for all that info 👍 

Should existing owners be concerned about this, as we are driving around in our Aygo X cars ?

I assume whatever it is, it's not life threatening or dangerous, because SURELY we would all be notified immediately by Toyota !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Thanks for all that info 👍 

Should existing owners be concerned about this, as we are driving around in our Aygo X cars ?

I assume whatever it is, it's not life threatening or dangerous, because SURELY we would all be notified immediately by Toyota !!

I'll second that, thanks very much. I wonder how does this affect the production line? I'm not holding my breath for my November delivery. Still I'd rather have a car without any issues then have numerous dealer trips.

I have just found out from a reliable source that the "hold" on any undelivered Aygo X cars whether it's in the Derby Distribution Centre or at your local Toyota dealer is due to a issue with the Brakes.

I have been told that the current Aygo X which I am driving is not affected.

So that indicates it must be a "assembly batch" that are affected ??

As with all car recalls, I'm assuming current Aygo X owners will be contacted by Toyota if their car is affected.

Anyway, don't shoot the messenger, I'm just sharing information that I have found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, hopefully won't affect production either

Mine got delayed with 2 months from early september to early november. Possibly because of this I guess.

At least I know my replacement Aygo Cross is in the UK and not still in Czechia 👍

I am advised it is an issue with the brakes and for the moment there are no deliveries coming out of Derby and dealers are not permitted to hand over vehicles held in stock. It is assumed a solution is well nigh found as my local dealer has had at least 3 in his compound for the past 14 days if not longer.

The point has already been made that if it was a very serious issue there would have been a recall. Required by law I believe.