Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stuck in transit/Aygo X Recall - Brakes Issue

Nixxy2401

22 hours ago, Barb5734 said:

Have you really paid 100% upfront?  I have paid £500 deposit,  the rest I will pay if I ever actually get the car! 

Toyota took my previous Toyota in part X last March when I ordered the Aygo X  rather than take it off me when the new one arrives, as that way the part x was locked in. I was given a price better than I could have got anywhere else. My dealer could not compete. I also thought back in March the part x prices of larger cars may take a downward knock if fuel prices go up. They did. The car was a CH-R. I suggested they hung on to the credit to apply it to the Aygo as I was not going to get much, if any, interest on it. I would not have done that if ordering through a dealer but this was done online with Toyota direct. I do of course now have the new car, except it cannot be released to me until the brake modification is done.

It is worse with the new DZ4X where a batch of such has wheel nut issues. That arose many months ago and dealers are still waiting with, I understand, no sign of when it will be sorted. At least with the Aygo it is a simple matter.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

What else can we tell you that's not already included in this thread 🤣

1 hour ago, Donrald said:

Toyota took my previous Toyota in part X last March when I ordered the Aygo X  rather than take it off me when the new one arrives, as that way the part x was locked in. I was given a price better than I could have got anywhere else. My dealer could not compete. I also thought back in March the part x prices of larger cars may take a downward knock if fuel prices go up. They did. The car was a CH-R. I suggested they hung on to the credit to apply it to the Aygo as I was not going to get much, if any, interest on it. I would not have done that if ordering through a dealer but this was done online with Toyota direct. I do of course now have the new car, except it cannot be released to me until the brake modification is done.

It is worse with the new DZ4X where a batch of such has wheel nut issues. That arose many months ago and dealers are still waiting with, I understand, no sign of when it will be sorted. At least with the Aygo it is a simple matter.

I see, that makes sense. Frustrating for you to know your car is there but you can't have it! Are they giving you any clues re timing?I sold my car for a great price to webuyanycar, thinking it wouldn't be too long till my Aygo x arrived, hmm, got that wrong! Hopefully it won't be too much longer and from what you say, it's even worse for other people waiting for their new cars. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barb5734 said:

I see, that makes sense. Frustrating for you to know your car is there but you can't have it! Are they giving you any clues re timing?I sold my car for a great price to webuyanycar, thinking it wouldn't be too long till my Aygo x arrived, hmm, got that wrong! Hopefully it won't be too much longer and from what you say, it's even worse for other people waiting for their new cars. 

We had two cars and were scaling down to one so handing in my CH-R was not an issue. The other car is a 2009 Aygo Blu. Given us great service over 13 years.

I called at the dealer’s today to hand in my Retention Certificate (I have a personal number plate) and also asked them to fit mud flaps and a dash cam whilst we wait. I was assured it would be this month! Was told it is understood the parts are on the way. I don’t know what the “repair” is. Do I want to know? I suppose I am not bothered as Toyota are obligated to give me a vehicle for for purpose. Technically though what is in their forecourt now is mine. But the law prevents them letting me have it!  Patience!

In the meantime we are to have a few days away. Had hoped to take the new car. It will be the old Aygo!

• Like 1

Sign of the times, cars are pushed out at such a rate QA and QA maybe a bit more lax - it effects the whole supply chain from the base materials to the finished components

21 hours ago, Barb5734 said:

We had two cars and were scaling down to one so handing in my CH-R was not an issue. The other car is a 2009 Aygo Blu. Given us great service over 13 years.

I called at the dealer’s today to hand in my Retention Certificate (I have a personal number plate) and also asked them to fit mud flaps and a dash cam whilst we wait. I was assured it would be this month! Was told it is understood the parts are on the way. I don’t know what the “repair” is. Do I want to know? I suppose I am not bothered as Toyota are obligated to give me a vehicle for for purpose. Technically though what is in their forecourt now is mine. But the law prevents them letting me have it!  Patience!

In the meantime we are to have a few days away. Had hoped to take the new car. It will be the old Aygo!

I

Just had a telephone call from my dealer. They have had a call from Toyota to say my car is not one affected by the brake issue. I collect it this Friday afternoon! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Donrald said:

I

Just had a telephone call from my dealer. They have had a call from Toyota to say my car is not one affected by the brake issue. I collect it this Friday afternoon! 

Your so lucky! Still no news on my side ☹️

I just spoke to my dealer who has promised to get in touch with Toyota for clarification,  but I now have an eta of 6th of October!  I asked how definite that was and was told, not at all definite!  So no real progress.  

I have just received a Survey by post in regards to how my new car delivery went !!! Normally, I wouldn't bother, but this time, I'm going to give them the two full barrells of feedback.

It's from a company called Ipsos UK Ltd on behalf of Toyota ( Not sure if it's Toyota GB or Toyota Jemca, who is my local franchise dealer).

3 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I have just received a Survey by post in regards to how my new car delivery went !!! Normally, I wouldn't bother, but this time, I'm going to give them the two full barrells of feedback.

It's from a company called Ipsos UK Ltd on behalf of Toyota ( Not sure if it's Toyota GB or Toyota Jemca, who is my local franchise dealer).

They need to do better, mine has now been on order for three weeks and I've had nothing confirming the order through the MyT app. My dealership raised this with Toyota HQ and their response was that they had no idea why it isn't showing up yet.......🤷‍♂️.

I’ve put £500 deposit on one of the showroom vehicles. Phoned to say ready to pay balance and collect. Told, like everyone, about the quality checks and thankfully found more here. Not had a Toyota before and unsure if I should go ahead (guess I’d lose my deposit). It’s a lot of money for everyone when buying a new car and being self employed, any dealer visits etc. mean not being paid. Wish we knew more about the repair and potential for further issues. 

Does anyone Know what the issue with the brakes is ?

Tel

Whilst I posted to say my dealer rang to say my Aygo did not need the brake issue sorting, I now think the reason is because it was sorted before leaving Derby.

Whilst I await the day I have arranged insurance. Toyota quoted me over £440 per annum. I got it for £208!

..and for those with any concerns about Toyotas, my wife and I have had Toyotas for the past 13.5 years. We have had two call outs in that time. In my case it was an exhaust issue, in my wife’s a clutch one. In both cases the AA man (different each time) said they rarely get calls to Toyotas and when they do it is not usually a big issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donrald said:

Whilst I posted to say my dealer rang to say my Aygo did not need the brake issue sorting, I now think the reason is because it was sorted before leaving Derby.

Whilst I await the day I have arranged insurance. Toyota quoted me over £440 per annum. I got it for £208!

..and for those with any concerns about Toyotas, my wife and I have had Toyotas for the past 13.5 years. We have had two call outs in that time. In my case it was an exhaust issue, in my wife’s a clutch one. In both cases the AA man (different each time) said they rarely get calls to Toyotas and when they do it is not usually a big issue.

I have been driving Toyota (and Lexus) vehicles, mainly 4x4 for 30 years and really cannot fault them.  You just know what you are getting (a bit like Premier Inn hotels).😁

• Like 1

Im kinda wondering where the info that its a brake issue came from...Ive absolutely been told its a tyre valve problem...

It was me that first raised this and passed on what I was told by my dealer who specifically told me it was Brakes.

It was then up to other members to find out from their dealers if it was the same story across the board.

I think, due to the fact that anyone who has currently got their hands on one (like me) and cannot find anything on the Toyota Recall site to match the vehicle, then it must be a batch that Toyota have not released to customers.

• Like 1

The myT app has just notified me that my new replacement Aygo X Cross has arrived at my dealer, who has confirmed this.  He has said that his Parts Dept are unable to order the parts at this time for the fix.

So I now have two Aygo X cars on the myT app 🥺😂

I was just told by my dealer today that Toyota has received the parts and now they have about 1500 cars to repair and that mine is booked in for next Monday at Derby and that I would receive the car by end of next week. So here’s hoping 🤞🏻 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

The myT app has just notified me that my new replacement Aygo X Cross has arrived at my dealer, who has confirmed this.  He has said that his Parts Dept are unable to order the parts at this time for the fix.

So I now have two Aygo X cars on the myT app 🥺😂

Still no Idea when mine will show up on the app, Toyota has handed the issue over to the app team so I doubt I'll get an answer anytime soon.Whatever the fix is they need to get distribution sorted asap.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, Nixxy2401 said:

Hi Nixxy2401, Same with our new AygoX. Just closed the call with our Dealership and the they told us that the parts  (ADS braking parts etc) are starting to arrive next week and the work shouldn;t take too long. So we wait for two weeks now. I guess it will take another 1-2 weeks to have it delivered. So frustrating!!!

• Thanks 1

Just been informed this morning that issue resolved  and car can be collected

• Like 3

I've just heard the new delivery date for my Aygo is 29th September,  which is good as a few days ago it was showing as 6th of October!  Dare I get my hopes up? 

• Like 1

Just now, Barb5734 said:

I've just heard the new delivery date for my Aygo is 29th September,  which is good as a few days ago it was showing as 6th of October!  Dare I get my hopes up? 

Yes, think positive 🤣👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links