Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck in transit/Aygo X Recall - Brakes Issue

Nixxy2401

44 minutes ago, Barb5734 said:

I've just heard the new delivery date for my Aygo is 29th September,  which is good as a few days ago it was showing as 6th of October!  Dare I get my hopes up? 

Where do you see the ETA?

This has popped up on myT app, possibly means that they are working on my car !!

Screenshot_20220909-140438.png

Bobby ,     Assuming your current car is perfect & requires just a bonnet respray are you still confident you made the right choice ?

Tel

A confident YES. And it's just not a bonnet respray, they would have to come onto both wings and the front of the car to blend it all in, if it was JUST the bonnet and it matched, I may have accepted that, but that's not how car resprays work !!.  I did my apprenticeship as a Paint Sprayer and Panel Beater many moons ago before I joined the Army and I know exactly what's involved.  There is no way I want a brand new car partly stripped down and the whole front end resprayed, it would never be the same and I would always know it was done AND in my opinion devalues the car and Toyota made it clear that they were not willing to add any sort of compensation.

And in the meantime, I have a lovely little new car to runaround in knowing that I will "eventually" have a BRAND new car (72 plate) with zero miles on the clock to start again.

Yes, it has been a bit of a pain and annoying and inconvenience, but it's the right decision for me. 👍

Just talking to a guy around the corner from me who has just collected his Aygo X and the issue is with a hole somewhere in the braking system that has been machined wrong requiring the retro fit of a bigger bung! His arrived in June but he put off collection due to wanting it on a 72 plate.

7 minutes ago, phillev said:

Just talking to a guy around the corner from me who has just collected his Aygo X and the issue is with a hole somewhere in the braking system that has been machined wrong requiring the retro fit of a bigger bung! His arrived in June but he put off collection due to wanting it on a 72 plate.

:crybaby: LOL I do love the internet for the Joe Bloggs make it up as you go along :crybaby:

The issue is with a braking vacuum valve, the valve sits in a grommet but it's the valve that is changed

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

:crybaby: LOL I do love the internet for the Joe Bloggs make it up as you go along :crybaby:

The issue is with a braking vacuum valve, the valve sits in a grommet but it's the valve that is changed

I'm only passing on information from what my main dealer told the customer, obviously they are well informed then... Keep your hair on!

Just now, phillev said:

I'm only passing on information from what my main dealer told the customer, obviously they are well informed then... Keep your hair on!

That's my point, information is passed down the internet like Chinese whispers, ends up complete nonsense. Like some of the conjecture on here about the BZ4X 

Toyota have a phrase they use. Genchi Genbutsu, or "go to the source-see for yourself" 

• Like 1

Well at least we all now know, thanks very much for the clarification 👍

28 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Toyota have a phrase they use. Genchi Genbutsu, or "go to the source-see for yourself" 

I used that one just yesterday with a younger inexperienced work colleague - LLOP ( Low Level Order Picker ) reported broken down & stuck with 2 pallets on so he wanted to take the Battery jump pack.

I said remember your Toyota training, lets go have a look at the problem first. When we got there the LLOP was indeed stuck with 2 pallets on but the rubber had debonded from the drive wheel so no need for the Battery jump pack. 

A quick shove with another LLOP soon had it free from the pallets & I gingerly limped it back to workshop on the metal rim.

• Like 1

Bobby,

You infer that the Blending process can reduce the car's value which is simply not true.

You are happy & that is all that matters.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel 2 said:

Bobby,

You infer that the Blending process can reduce the car's value which is simply not true.

Tel

I've been down the road of having a brand new car resprayed, turned into a complete nightmare, never again! Replacement or money back imho.

On 9/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, Nixxy2401 said:

Where do you see the ETA?

I can't see it, just the dealer said it was showing as 6th October, but now showing as the 29th of September. Tbh MyT app is really not very helpful at all. Especially the bit that says,  good news, not long to wait, your new  car will soon be at your dealership. Hmm, been saying that for about 8 weeks now!  Hope you get some news on yours soon  Nixxi!

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:06 AM, Tel 2 said:

Bobby,

Tel

I've got to disagree Tel.

For example, if you went to view two identical cars to buy, same price etc, but you found out one had been resprayed for whatever reason!! Which one would you pick and would you really pay the same price for the one that has been sprayed !!!

And come time to sell it (should not be for a VERY long time), me being honest, I would disclose it to the dealer or the punter.  Anyone with a keen eye and look in the correct places, can spot a paint job easily.

And to be honest, nowadays, I don't know what training paintsprayers get, but my apprenticeship was a full four years and in those days, it was a skill, none of this rip the panel off and fit a new one, there was skill involved with repairs !!

But we live in a throwaway society now and insurance companies write off perfectly repairable cars !! And one of the reasons is the so called Vehicle Refinishing Technicians do not have the skill and experience to do any repairs.

Along with my own experience on this, albeit many years ago, my brother owns his own body shop in Glasgow and will tell you the same thing.

Blending does not cause issues & Top Body Repair shops offer free annual inspection & valet for the Lifetime of the Car itself.

You never know whether any new car has had pre- delivery blending @ the Factory ,Grimsby,Burnaston & the Dealer.

Pearlescent Paint Repairs can involve the highest Blending ratio whilst any Black paint type the lowest ratio.

I have 3 Top Coach-works near me & Blending is simply not an issue.

Tel

In theory you should not notice any difference if a partial re spray was done properly. But that is in theory. In practice it is quite different. My late brother in law was a professional paint sprayer of vehicles and sign writer. He could tell immediately if there had been a partial re spray.

Thanks for the feedback on people's views on respraying a car....the bottom line is, I don't (didn't) want to pay for a brand new car which needs paintwork done a few weeks after its delivery.

So my decision on a replacement new car still stands.👍

• Like 2

I'm waiting to pick up new lease Toyota Pure and been told it was recalled so have to wait but not why its been recalled (I asked and they didn't have details !)

Does the recall have to be recorded somewhere against the car in case of future issues relating to the initial recall ?

So aygo has arrived at dealer today. Anyone know how long pdi checks and reg take? Want to know how soon I can pick up my car 🚗 

2 hours ago, smiffy3594 said:

Does the recall have to be recorded somewhere against the car in case of future issues relating to the initial recall ?

Toyota will have a record kept on there system the vehicle was recalled & the necessary recall work / repair was then carried out.

I'm collecting my new replacement Aygo X Cross on Friday 23rd Sept 👍, so must mean the dealers are getting the parts to sort out the reported issue.

3 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I'm collecting my new replacement Aygo X Cross on Friday 23rd Sept 👍, so must mean the dealers are getting the parts to sort out the reported issue.

Heres hoping you have better luck with this one. I've still got another six weeks or so and I wish I knew why the hell my MyT app won't show up my order. My dealer is useless!

I’m currently waiting for a new Aygo X to leave Derby, a quick dig of information finds it was built early September, so not sure if part of the brake issues.

I got hold of a pre order dealer stock that wasn’t allocated to anyone at a great price.

I really missed the 2021 Aygo I sold for the Yaris and decided to buy another one, used prices are scary high, and couldn’t find a decent low mileage one for less than £10k locally.

So after a quick road test, and some failed negotiations with my local dealer, I’ve found a base spec Aygo X, (which has slightly better spec than my 2021 Aygo), at a dealer 50 miles away. 

I’m hopeful it won’t be too long to wind it’s way to the dealer now.

Collected my replacement new Aygo Cross on Friday.

All good so far 👍

PXL_20220924_160759368.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Collected my replacement new Aygo Cross on Friday.

All good so far 👍

PXL_20220924_160759368.jpg

Looks very nice. Good luck.