Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stuck in transit/Aygo X Recall - Brakes Issue

Nixxy2401

I'm afraid mine's not more than a collection of parts waiting to be assembled.

12 minutes ago, DucthPieter said:

I'm afraid mine's not more than a collection of parts waiting to be assembled.

Same here, ordered mine last Saturday and told November, I'm not expecting delivery until after Christmas tbh. A lady around the corner has also had one on order for over two months. Be interested to find out exactly what the issue is with the brakes, nothing ever seems to be straight forward nowadays.

Thanks Bobby M. It confirms what I was told yesterday.

if it is a batch issue then one presumes it is easy to rectify.

No doubt the modification will be the insert of a small trap door in the foot well on the driver’s side so that you can open it and stop the car with your feet instead of the brakes. 🚙😃

• Haha 3

Oh dear. Thanks for the update. No wonder mines been stuck in Derby for over a month 😓

Just been told by my toyota dealer that my AygoX, due 21st August, then 27th,the 3rd of September is now showing as 'no eta' on their system. He said it maybe they are withholding all argos due to a brake pedal problem, or it maybe that mine is def one of the batch with the problem. He's going to try and find out and query when a new eta is likely.  Anyone else heard anymore on this? 

• Like 1

What else can we tell you that's not already included in this thread 🤣

• Sad 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:18 PM, Devon Aygo said:

One final point, all new models are part of a scheme called EDER ( Early detection early resolution ) where any issue/defect/error/process improvement has to be raised with the corresponding countries Technical department they investigate, potentially reporting back to the models factory engineering team, decide on a repair method and then authorise repairs quite often engineers from the factory will travel and look at the issue in person.

Exactly the same as we do over on the forklift side of the business - new Toyota 80 volt electric counter balance is currently under this scheme.

Same problem here! New car due for delivery 31st August. Turned up at the dealers that day to be told theyd had a fax that morning and all new Aygo x deliveries had been stopped and no date as to when it would start back up and they were unable to give me a reason but believed theyd found a fault during quality control...I know its built and sat in Derby...There were supposed to be 10 brand new Aygos delivered on the same truck as mine at the dealers the same day. The chap i deal with said he wasnt even allowed to give test drives in their existing cars on the forecourt

That last line is very interesting to know. Basically your dealership is saying some of these cars must be out there as presumably the ones on their forecourt are all registered. If that's the case why haven't owners been notified? All sounds a bit odd to me and especially as it's regards a possible brake issue.

• Like 1

Just had a message from Toyota to say that my Aygo is now with my local dealer. Looks like they have sorted the brake problem.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, phillev said:

That last line is very interesting to know. Basically your dealership is saying some of these cars must be out there as presumably the ones on their forecourt are all registered. If that's the case why haven't owners been notified? All sounds a bit odd to me and especially as it's regards a possible brake issue.

DVSA will be notified first & then the registered keeper if there are any effected vehicles already out in circulation with owners. 

UK vehicle traders legally cannot hand over a vehicle to the buyer with an outstanding safety recall.

11 minutes ago, Donrald said:

Just had a message from Toyota to say that my Aygo is now with my local dealer. Looks like they have sorted the brake problem.

Repairs have been underway at Burnaston for a few days so cars are now leaving depot for dealers, repair instructions have now been passed to dealers this afternoon so repairs can commence early next week.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, phillev said:

There has been no "stop use" instruction on Aygo just a Stop delivery on unregistered cars so no reason why the dealer couldn't use their Demo's, that being said, 

Repairs have been underway at Burnaston for a few days so cars are now leaving depot for dealers, repair instructions have now been passed to dealers this afternoon so repairs can commence early next week.

If there is to be a Recall on cars already registered then it will have to go through the DVSA first who will decide if a recall is required, if not Toyota may release a CSC (Customer satisfaction campaign) either way if action is required you will receive letters soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello

Same problem here in the netherlands , on 25-8 11:00 i was by the dealer for the delivery. (new car a day before paid and insures)
And then it was inposible to set de license on name, very disappointed at 12:00 at home with the old car.
Till now no information from Toyota and the dealer, only know that the dealer had to cancel 9 delivery's that day.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 5:21 PM, phillev said:

Just what i was told my friend but who knows what to believe! He wasnt very forthcoming about what the fault was if there is one!

It may be a few weeks yet before I can collect. The brake issue has not be sorted on my car, it has simply been delivered to the dealer who advises that whilst it is a 15 minute job they are waiting for the parts and no idea when they may come in.

• Thanks 1

My dealer has my new Aygo on his forecourt plus a few others unregistered but also other new ones registered with 72 plates which I understand cannot be handed over yet. Yesterday my dealer told me the repair takes 15 minutes but at present, despite being a large Toyota dealership, no idea when the parts are coming in. I suspect Toyota have simply made space in Derby by distributing some of the cars to stand on dealer’s forecourts instead!

Sounds about right.  It's starting to turn in to a farce.

However, I'd rather my new car is delivered to me in a safe condition.

It's not the dealers fault in regards to the part production and distribution, that's Toyota GB and they already have our money, as we have all paid upfront for our Aygo X !!

6 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Sounds about right.  It's starting to turn in to a farce.

However, I'd rather my new car is delivered to me in a safe condition.

It's not the dealers fault in regards to the part production and distribution, that's Toyota GB and they already have our money, as we have all paid upfront for our Aygo X !!

At least the interest being lost is not great due to low interest rates here!  Toyota have had a big chunk of my money since March. About a third of the price. The rest I paid a few weeks ago when they advised me delivery was due!

Have you really paid 100% upfront?  I have paid £500 deposit,  the rest I will pay if I ever actually get the car! 

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topics merged

I was just thinking that the other day Mike 👍

Personally I'd love to know what the actual issue is, it's one thing being frustrated waiting for your new car to get to the dealer but once you actually know it is there and it can't be put right due to a lack of whatever needs putting right must be a complete pain in the backside. Toyota need to get on top of this!

• Like 2

I picked up the car at the end of July, but I didn't find any recall.

F3527ECB-F00B-45FE-BC6F-649A830FF9AC.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links