Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Brakes

Maxed Corolla GTI

Alrite guys

I was wondering if you could help me. The time has come for me to change my rear brakes and just need some information.

I Have performance brakes in the front but i was just thinking of sticking to standard in the back. I need Dics, pads and Calipers.

Could anyone advise me on where i could get them at a good price and which ones are the best to get with regards to quality? Ive already looked at fensport as they supply standard ones........any other companies i can look at?.....

There are loads of companies mate... I have secured discounts for Gold Members on brake components from two manufacturers/suppliers recently too B)

You may as well stick with stock discs and calipers, but it won't hurt to upgrade the pads a bit as most of the braking is done with the fronts :thumbsup:

I don't see why you want to replace the calipers tho... Are your current ones binding?

Fensport can do re-conditioned calipers, but it's easier, cheaper and quicker to get and have them fitted at your local Quickfit or Mr Clutch or the likes...

yeh when my mechanic has told me that my calipers have seized and says i need them changed. Fensport ask for £55 per caliper. is that a good price or can i get cheaper anywhere else?

to be honest i dont like going places like kwik fit and Mr clutch cos i dont trust their work. I'd rather get my local garage to fit them as they will do it at a good price, but i just need to get the parts myself.

I may upgrade the rear pads if i get them for a good price, but disc will stay standard. I was told 75% of the braking is done at front and im totally upgraded there.

any ideas....?

Im really lookin for places in the UK.....looks like no one knows any good places??

you help is much appreciated....

try www.brakesinternational.co.uk

Hi there,

Binding calipers has been an ocasional problem with my AE 92 GTi, annual strip and clean is whats always been required. Problem usually starts to manifest itself by the handbrake coming up to many 'clicks'. Sticking calipers also affected friends AE 92 GTi a few years ago.

Sticking rear calipers also appears to plague Golf GTi 16v and performance models of Peugeot 306.

It must be all the dampness of our climate that causes the problem.

To me rear disk/caliper set up dosn't seem to actually offer any better braking over drum on rear (and I drive all sorts). Only 'advantage' i can think of is looks if you have spoked wheels.