Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carlinkit4 - 2020 Corolla TS

rogersp

Hi

Can I ask for assistance please from someone who's installed the above Carlinkit4 to their vehicle.

I followed the instructions in the box and the CL4 device connected to my vehicle with Red LED illuminated . In the iPhone menu I can see the Apple CP Icon. Via WiFi I can see the CL4  and can connect using the password with LED indicator changing from red to green. Selecting the Apple CP option from the main menu the display shows:

"Please use your phone to connect to bluetooth"  with TOYOTA 8D47 in the display

No reference to the above in the instructions.

I tried to contact CL Support but it's just a BOT at weekends so thought some one hear may have experienced the same issue

Many thanks

Switch phone bluetooth on and pair the cl4 with your phone. After that it should connect automatically via Wi-Fi. 

Many thanks, working perfectly now

Just out of interest does this plug into the USB data port in the car or the USB power only socket in the centre console?

Keen to know how reliable/stable these are. Is the connection fast enough for full functionality (not too laggy) and does it hold the connection or do you get drop-outs?

Only tried it in USB Port in the car and fixed dongle under the dash so not sure about USB Port in Centre Armrest

Stability, can not report on this yet but everything I read was positive so I'll need to wait to pass judgement

• Like 1

I had an earlier one, v2 I think, and it worked fine. It didn’t seem to be any slower than the in built sat nab. I never had a dropout in 8 months. It’s been superseded by a 2022 car now so my son has it in his Civic where it seems not to be quite  so reliable. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, Swanthecat said:

Just out of interest does this plug into the USB data port in the car or the USB power only socket in the centre console?

It needs to be connected to the USB data port. The Carlinkit mimics a direct USB connection to the phone.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links