Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear bumper Fog light(s)

daveysnowy

I am very confused.

I have a 2013 Avensis ICON T27 2.0 D-4D and I live it. The nearside rear fog light sites not work and they failed the MOT on that alone, but when I took it to my local car part supplier, they said that the nearside is "blanked off" so does this car have one or 2 rear fog lights, I just don't know the drivers side, off side works fine.. but the MOT garage says they don't know yet where the fault lies.. so does this car have only one rear fog light (drivers side, off side) it is the near side that's not working, should work? I was told by the car so that is would only be wired up if it was left hand drive. But he says it's blanked off. Is the MOT centre wrong? I just don't know.. Dave

Moved to the Avensis forum.

Your car only has one rear foglamp on the RHS which is perfectly fine, quite normal and an MOT would/should know this.

UK Cars must have a fog light fitted either to centre line or RHS of car ( flipped on the continent ) there is no requirement that says there have to be two

See HERE

Thank you very much, I don't understand why he said he tried to put a bulb in but there must be an issues somewhere in the wiring somewhere as it won't work work and he then says he should have failed the MOT. So clearly he shouldn't be doing Mots then. The off side rear fog, someone has bumped it and cracked the plastic lens, no white light is doing through, just cracked, is it expensive do you think to replace it at I don't like thing broken..

It also had a service but I am not sure he even looked at it to be honest. I checked the oil as he said he flushed out the old and put in new but on writing the do such still looks a bit dirty..I just don't trust garages unless you are standing over them. I haven't found one I can really trust. He did stamp the service book though. Where is the oil filter situated so I can see if that had been changed, would you know. Thanks. Dave

9 hours ago, daveysnowy said:

It also had a service but I am not sure he even looked at it to be honest. I checked the oil as he said he flushed out the old and put in new but on writing the do such still looks a bit dirty..I just don't trust garages unless you are standing over them. I haven't found one I can really trust. He did stamp the service book though. Where is the oil filter situated so I can see if that had been changed, would you know. Thanks. Dave

As soon as the engine is started new oil in a diesel will look dirty no matter how many flushes completed, as for oil filter it is a paper element so looking will not reveal if a new filer is fitted 

image.thumb.png.cc5bcaf517c4da7a3139a21fa9265dd5.png

• Like 1

New diesel oil is always dirty once you started up the engine.

Its not like the petrol engines.

• Like 1

New oil in my old Yaris D4D would still be a golden syrupy colour, albeit already darker than a petrol car's would be - If anything closer to the colour of petrol oil that needed to be changed! - by the time I got it home from the dealer, but within a week or two it'd already be black as anything from all the dissolved soot :laugh: 

Despite the appearance, oil in a diesel has a much easier time of it than petrol oil, as it doesn't have to deal with as high temperatures or acidic exhaust fumes or chemical attack from the petrol, and soot is a dry lubricant, so it's probably okay.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links