Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Badge Less Engineering

sh22

Simplest  way to remove stuck on badges is to use a piece of ordinary parcel string.   Start from the right on each Badge.  Keep the string tight and  force it behind the Badge and then using an up and down motion slide the string to the left while continuously pulling  in the up and down motion. The string will cut through the self adhesive tape quite quickly with no damage to the paint.

There will be tape residue left behind on the tailgate and some of it will pull off with your fingers but you will need a solvent based product to remove what is left after the Badge comes off.  I use Cellulous thinners and gently rub it into the residue. I will come off but be patient.   When all the residue is removed best thing then is to use some cutting polish like T cut just to ensure any rub marks are removed and then a final polish with a more gentle product.  I use a electric polishing machine but just for speed.  You won't damage the lacquer top coat even using a solvent based product.   If you use your fingers only to pull the badges off then the Toyota and Hybrid badges will bend and possibly snap  getting  them off.  Take a paper template of where the badges fit on the tailgate or photos should you ever want to refit the badges.  The original badges can be cleaned up by scraping the tape residue off the back of the badges or just buy new ones but they are expensive.  Badges can be reused by using ultra thin double sided badge tape off E Bay.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the guidance, it will be top of my list of jobs to do when I get the car, it does look clean and tidy👍

Nice job, 

I have done mine 2 years ago to make it look like standard car and not a Hybrid. Success , everywhere I go to garage cause confusion , they asking if its corolla, Yaris or Auris 😅👌

I used an old credit card ti lift up one side and then by hand slow pull and the badges comes off, I also used a hair dryer to heat up the areas as it was in the winter, for the little residue left I used tar and glue remover. 👍

Other tips I've heard are to do it on a hot day and also spraying behind it with WD40 to soften the adhesive and provide some lubrication to stop the string scratching the lacquer/top/clear coat.

40 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Other tips I've heard are to do it on a hot day and also spraying behind it with WD40 to soften the adhesive and provide some lubrication to stop the string scratching the lacquer/top/clear coat.

I can vouch for this method. The WD40 does make a difference and helps remove any sticky residue

• Like 3

Hair dryer is quick and easy 

• Like 3

Ahaha, good point, maybe add a fire extinguisher to the list! :laugh: 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links