Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Radio not Compatible with 2013 Verso

zelda89

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

in a word no, sadly there is very little in depth technical documents for any of the touch systems, Reverse selection is software/firmware selected, but these units are lock down very tightly

Ok no problem. I just did one final test on my original radio, I removed the pin 2 (12v) on the 28pin and when I put in reverse REV was off, which does indicate it does pull off that 12v. When I pop the wire back in, Rev was On. 🤦🤷

@flash22  Is it a possibility that the new stereo is broken? Is there a way to check with multimeter that the pin 2 is working on the radio itself? If it's broken then I'm going to get a refund on it.

1 minute ago, flash22 said:

It's just disabled, same as the 2019 touch2 i have here

I see, so it's disabled on the new unit I have. Ok I think I should call it a day on this then. Cheers for your help on this 👏👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, flash22 said:

i will have a deeper look when i have time

Hi there, I was wondering whether you had chance to look into this again? No problems if you haven't and like I said if no joy, I will try to get some of my money back on this. Cheers

• Like 1

I have a found a solution, but have not worked out the cost fully, it also depends on availability of the parts

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

I have a found a solution, but have not worked out the cost fully, it also depends on availability of the parts

Hi, cheers for still looking into this. Obviously depending on the cost and effort, I'll certainly consider the solution. Would it potenitally require more rewiring etc?

Cheaply as possible, for 1 or 2 of these it is more economical to get premade modules, and It's less time-consuming than sourcing the parts, designing a PCB, getting those made and so on - downside is it's a bit more bulky

wiring, 5 wires - 12v, ground, reverse and 2 for can bus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Cheaply as possible, for 1 or 2 of these it is more economical to get premade modules, and It's less time-consuming than sourcing the parts, designing a PCB, getting those made and so on - downside is it's a bit more bulky

wiring, 5 wires - 12v, ground, reverse and 2 for can bus

Cheap is good. Sounds complicated already 🙂

But would definitely look at what you propose. I've pretty much gone over my budget buying the bits and pieces already 🤦

Thanks again for your effort and look forward to what you have in mind 👍👍👍

Just read you comments on the other post. Thanks for still looking into this. Hopefully it's a cheap and not so complicated solution. So you wouldn't recommend the AliExpress Android head units then. They're isn't much choice and some of the 'branded' ones look a bit silly.

There are plenty of aftermarket radios, it all depends on your budget and needs/wants

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

There are plenty of aftermarket radios, it all depends on your budget and needs/wants

It was mainly the bigger screen to be honest hence getting the 2017 head unit. When I was deciding between the 2, what swung it for me is that 2017 would be plug and play. How wrong was I 😂

After 2014 they did move to can bus reverse, not sure if it's the BCM or ecu that generate the signal - on that thought I will have a look at the diagrams again

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 3:12 PM, zelda89 said:

Manual

Hi there, any progress with your findings? I notice that the radio I have it says R1 but there are also others with R0. Is there a difference and could it possible that R0 is for manual and the R1 I have is for Auto??

2 steps forward, 3 back at the moment, there is no real way to tell the specs and config

Late touch2, No cd

86140-0F080, 86140-0F090, 86140-0F100, 86140-0F110

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

2 steps forward, 3 back at the moment, there is no real way to tell the specs and config

Late touch2, No cd

86140-0F080, 86140-0F090, 86140-0F100, 86140-0F110

Ok thanks for that. Listen you've gone above and beyond with this but think we should knock it on the head now. Really appreciate you're help but I think I'm going to sell the radio in the new year.