Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres on the Yaris

ISL

Does anyone know what size rims and tyres Toyota recommend for latest Yaris?  Would like to go for smallest diameter wheel, highest profile tyre.

Mytyres do 15s and also provide a picture.  Might not be to everyone's taste.

image.thumb.png.9dcf461cc5b4b4b3e87367b8af01d310.png

Hi, Cyker is your man, he has done that change and knows what size wheels tyres and covers eventually. Probably he will reply soon. 👍 Meanwhile here two besides that can be helpful when choosing different wheels and tyres. 
https://www.wheel-size.com

https://www.willtheyfit.com

Thanks Tony, that link was extremely useful. Provides two choices so could run 185/65R15 tyres on 6jx15 ET45 rims with PCD100mm x 5. Can find vredestein winters for less than £50 each, so wheels and tyres around £400

4381D88F-4445-425D-AA8B-7EB472A225CB.thumb.jpeg.966ffa0985151330cd124d44c327b5b5.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ISL said:

Thanks Tony, that link was extremely useful. Provides two choices so could run 185/65R15 tyres on 6jx15 ET45 rims with PCD100mm x 5. Can find vredestein winters for less than £50 each, so wheels and tyres around £400

4381D88F-4445-425D-AA8B-7EB472A225CB.thumb.jpeg.966ffa0985151330cd124d44c327b5b5.jpeg

You are welcome.
I used these two websites  few years back to locate and choose smaller wheels for my car too, and yes perfect fit.
Have you thought about all season tyres instead?
You have 16” wheels which are the perfect size for these cars imo, if you buy just 4 all season tyres you will save some hassle and you can drive all year around with the same tyres. I was swapping tyres sets before too, summer and winter but the tyres can’t last me more than 2-3 years and I am switching to all season this winter. Goodyear vector most likely or Michelin cross climate or vredestein. 👍

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Have you thought about all season tyres instead?

+1 

Winter tyres are great, but... a hassle to change.

I guess it depends on your needs, location etc.

All Season - fit and forget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Goodyear vector most likely or Michelin cross climate or vredestein. 👍

I have the Goodyear Vector G3. Very pleased with them, I was afraid they would melt with the summer heat (Southern France) but they've been just fine. I haven't had to test them on snow, though.

The Michelin Cross climate appear to have been developed to go from sea level to snow altitudes and back in the same day. Speculation, I admit, but that's what I have gleaned from reading.

The Vredenstein are the cheaper option, but appear to be as highly rated as the other options. 

(Now if I could just shift my hardly used winter tyres, and the < 25 km summer tyres sitting in my garage ... )

• Like 2

Never tried the Michelin Cross climates before, but last time I looked they were really expensive and I do a lot of miles, hence the reason for looking at cheap steelies.  Not sure whether cross climates are cost effective in the long run, but would be useful not having to worry about whether you have the right tyres for the weather as sometimes during our winters it can be 10 degrees plus, then followed by heavy snowfall at Easter.

I used to run steelies on my Honda Civic switching from summer Yokos on 17s to winter Vredestein on 16s which worked well, and also kept all the salt off the alloys. Advantage is that as sad as it sounds you can quickly change over the wheels to be on the right tyre for the conditions. On my 911 I run Michelin Pilots during the summer and  Contiwintercontact TS830Ps in the winter, which make you feel invincible even on snow & ice. Tried a set of Toyo Snowprox on a Peugeot 508 and wasn't impressed, struggled on snow and useless in the wet.

Also not sure what the cross climates are like for fuel economy and noise, but could be a compromise for the Yaris.  At the moment I'm still leaning towards winters and summers, however at the rate of delivery of my new car may not need to worry until next Winter!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ISL said:

Never tried the Michelin Cross climates before, but last time I looked they were really expensive and I do a lot of miles, hence the reason for looking at cheap steelies.

I looked at tyres I bought 2 years ago at c. 90 €, today's price 145 €.  I paid about 90 € for the Goodyears, that was about 12 months ago, today's price 125 €, give or take.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links