Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 4 Toyota Yaris Beware!!!!

Georgey Porgey

So This Happened About 2am This Morning To My Wife's 22 Plate Toyota Yaris.

My Wife Is A Care Worker At A Nursing Home & She Found Her Car With The Front End Gone. We Have Front & Rear Nextbase Dash Cameras From & Fitted By Toyota But Nothing Picked Up

So Please Secure Your Cars.

IMG_20220910_072959.thumb.jpg.90266ff1dd10ab86f630a0e129ca69c0.jpgIMG_20220910_073012.thumb.jpg.e76ef0a0b61df07a2d81cd364f64191b.jpg

• Sad 8

Oh my goodness,!! Is nothing safe any longer. It’s been stolen by someone who is mechanically knowledgeable with the Toyota Yaris, and stolen to order. How can you be time specific about the theft.??. Hopefully your insurance will cover your loss.

• Like 6

Omg 🥺 so sorry that had happened. Looks like the scumbag know what they are doing, and probably stolen to order as commented above. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Oh my goodness,!! Is nothing safe any longer. It’s been stolen by someone who is mechanically knowledgeable with the Toyota Yaris, and stolen to order. How can you be time specific about the theft.??. Hopefully your insurance will cover your loss.

My missus seen someone standing there by the car when she thought someone is going in the bins as she is a night care nurse.

• Like 2

How do they steal a modern car other than using the well known keyless entry method,  would this model have that?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Max_Headroom said:

How do they steal a modern car other than using the well known keyless entry method,  would this model have that?

Yes it is a keyless model.

13 minutes ago, Georgey Porgey said:

Yes it is a keyless model.

I wonder if that's how they did it especially as someone was seen close to the car, i know some members like keyless entry i wouldn't touch one with a bargepole what i don't get is why the signal from the key has to be so strong surely it only needs to travel 30 cm so it works when you are close to the car if your key is on the kitchen counter it shouldn't be able to be picked up by someone outside the house, i know on some cars you can turn it off by pressing the lock unlock buttons in a sequence when you go into the house they should all do this.

• Confused 1

Not unusual unfortunately - other models also at risk:

Vauxhall Corsa -

See the source image

2018 Yaris -

0_IMG-20211106-WA0011.jpg

Ford Fiesta -

3_SJP_ECH_190918_Bronte_317301JPG.jpg

Etc, etc, etc ....

• Like 5

I don't think they use the keyless relay signal method, they would drive the car off and dismantle it in another location if that was the case. Opening door is stand next to car with key, cannot open when key is indoor without a signal relay device. From My22 model the signal go to sleep when still to prevent relay signal theft. 

• Like 1

They wouldn't need to get into the car for this type of theft.

• Like 7

Horrible experience, I feel for you guys… 

Watch for adverts for similar car private sale soon and book a test drive with a police officer, definitely someone local needs parts to salvage their accidental damaged purchase. Since everting on short supply these days , easier to steal from others then waiting dealer for months to deliver. 

• Like 2

Front end thefts have been around for several years especially on smaller cars due to the demographic of owners.

Hybrid Yaris factory fitted alarm ( if fitted on that spec ) isn't Thatcham approved either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Front end thefts have been around for several years especially on smaller cars due to the demographic of owners.

They wouldn't need to get into the car for this type of theft.

DOH i somehow read "front end gone" as being crash damage  i didn't realise the scum stole the parts while the car was stood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgey Porgey said:

So This Happened About 2am This Morning To My Wife's 22 Plate Toyota Yaris.

So sorry to see this has happened to you, Mohammed. It makes me so angry.

I wonder if you could get the camera to be more sensitive? I'd rather have too much footage than too little. Another thing to look at is marking parts with something like SmartWater.  

• Like 2

Oh god that is so horrible!! I can't believe this is even a thing, the Mk4 is surely still too new for there to be so much demand for someone to nick something like this?!

I hope your insurance sorts it out quickly and gets it back on the road swiftly!

• Like 2

A sad state of the times we live in and the scum who do things like this.🪦

Certainly as said, parts stolen to fit an accident damaged one. Other cars as said it's happened to. Quite a few in the Midlands. 

I would invest in a better car alarm. On opening the bonnet, the alarm activates.

James

• Like 1

I cant move it at the moment as all lights are on & saying multiple failure.

Police are not bothered at all.

We have still left it at her work place.

Spoke to insurance & got to wait till Monday.

I did tell the insurance that we worried if they come back tonight for more but they said it's ok as long you have logged it.

Spoke to the sales guy today & he was shocked & said you have 90% written off due to parts aswell there no courtesy cars at the moment due to the delay in cars.

Plus the time it will take to get the parts ordered & having a courtesy car for months.

Just upset as my wife loved the car so much but as long no one is injured that's the main thing. 

Materials things can be replaced.

Only thing that her insurance will rocket as it's her 1st time insured as she used to be a named driver.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It might not be as bad as you think - My mate wrote off his first car after 2 hours of ownership, albeit on 3-day driveaway insurance, but surprisingly his next car's insurance wasn't the astronomical figure we were expected, just the normal new-driver rip-off level :laugh: 

I wonder if Toyota still do the free catalytic converter marking? Do you think they'd be up for marking all the panels of the car instead??

• Like 1

Thought the alarm would go off if someone did that! oh my 🫣 the scum bags.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Do you think they'd be up for marking all the panels of the car instead??

But the people handling this stuff won't notice, won't care or will erase them. Who is going to crawl around a repaired (if that's even admitted) car looking for those, given they can't really be easily visible?

Just use marker pen to simulate some cracks and other damage - they'll pass on by 🙂

So sorry that the low lifes have done this to your wife's new car.

I read a bit about the criminal mindset, having been a target of other types of crime, and the overriding principals in what passes for their minds appears to be utter selfishness and lack of conscience.

No wonder that there is a lot of upset, I can only offer my empathy to you and your wife, and utter contempt for the criminals who did this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MikeSh said:

Just use marker pen to simulate some cracks and other damage - they'll pass on by 

Its a sad reflection on the world we live in when you have to consider make your pride and joy  look like a wreck to stop some lowlife taking stuff off it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MikeSh said:

But the people handling this stuff won't notice, won't care or will erase them. Who is going to crawl around a repaired (if that's even admitted) car looking for those, given they can't really be easily visible?

Just use marker pen to simulate some cracks and other damage - they'll pass on by 🙂

I wasn't thinking in terms of a deterrent - An extra trigger wire to the alarm would do better there.

I was thinking more a secret mark for traceability, to make it easier for the police to prove it's stolen as it would be traceable to the car it came from, so they have an easier time to nail them for it. Part of the reason the police show so little interest in robbery and theft is unless the thief/ves are total morons they won't leave any finger prints or DNA or any identifying marks so it's virtually impossible for the police to prove the part was stolen even if they find it.

Where they do catch such people, it requires a very long operation to first find where the chopshop/storage area is and then waste a lot of time surveilling the place to gather evidence. I mean look how long it took them to find and prosecute even one cat theft group! It's just an uphill battle, esp. with so little resources, not helped by idiots calling for their funding to be cut further every time there is a scandal...

• Like 1

Aye, I remember a few years ago a new Kawasaki I bought was marked on the major components with smart water.

But does nothing to stop the thieves in the first place.

Part of the problem is , imho, the procedure of obtaining a crime number to claim insurance and no investigation, rather than nailing these***** on evidence that is not taken.

I know it's easy to go all knee ***** on these things, but when the NYPD started zero tolerance, and started pulling people for example, jumping the barriers on the subway, they always found outstanding warrants and other crimes on record.

The fact is, these er "people"do not commit one crime in isolation, they have a general disregard for society and law, and will carry on until stopped by prison or a meaner more vicious criminal that they have crossed.

• Like 2

It does feel like our law enforcement system relies more on the honour system than actual enforcement a lot of the time.

Except for traffic offences - 2mm into a yellow box junction or bus lane, accidentally go into one of these Resident Only areas that suddenly randomly appear with no warning, or mis-time one of these timed no-entry zones by a few seconds and they'll get you instantly!

If only they applied that level of diligance to more serious crimes...

• Like 3