Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 4 Toyota Yaris Beware!!!!

Georgey Porgey

Obviously I cannot be too specific on a public forum, but I have looked into the face of ugly,very ugly,(why are they always ugly) very vicious convicted criminals through no fault of my own, just location.

Not through choice, I might add, forced upon me .

To be fair,the police were very good in a serious situation.

But I do understand about minor traffic infractions being persecuted while major crimes seem to be ignored.

A sea change is called for by many law abiding people,if your local MP is any good, that is a good way to lobby.

• Like 2

Sorry, realised that I am preaching the blatantly obvious again.

🥶

• Haha 1

To be fair, what's blatantly obvious to someone might be a revelation of biblical proportions to someone else :laugh: 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

To be fair, what's blatantly obvious to someone might be a revelation of biblical proportions to someone else :laugh: 

Indeed,a local solicitors office had a hoarding facing the main road that said,"don't wrestle with pigs ,as you will only get dirty, and what's more the pigs like it"

I think he was ordered to take it down in case it offended any pigs.

• Haha 3

I had an "all pigs fed and ready to fly" sign up in my office. I was horrified when a nephew copied it and put it up in his police canteen.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

to make it easier for the police to prove it's stolen as it would be traceable to the car it came from

As others say, the police just don't have the resources for that kind of thing.

Sadly, it's largely down to the individual owner to deter the theft in the first place, and as you say a better alarm system would help ... Provided it doesn't go off frequently for no apparent reason or your neighbors will probably trash the car for you 😬

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

The fact is, these er "people"do not commit one crime in isolation, they have a general disregard for society and law, and will carry on until stopped by prison or a meaner more vicious criminal that they have crossed.

I also think it's a combination of resources and having to satisfy targets.

I think some kind of  bonnet trigger for the  alarm would be the first thing  i would be looking for if its possible to fit one to the existing alarm, if its happened once it may happen aging.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, Georgey Porgey said:

So This Happened About 2am This Morning To My Wife's 22 Plate Toyota Yaris.

My Wife Is A Care Worker At A Nursing Home & She Found Her Car With The Front End Gone. We Have Front & Rear Nextbase Dash Cameras From & Fitted By Toyota But Nothing Picked Up

So Please Secure Your Cars.

IMG_20220910_072959.thumb.jpg.90266ff1dd10ab86f630a0e129ca69c0.jpgIMG_20220910_073012.thumb.jpg.e76ef0a0b61df07a2d81cd364f64191b.jpg

Trouble with the Nextbase dash cams is that they wired so they are not powered when the ignition is switched off.    I have a Vantrue S1 fitted that has a 24 hour parking mode so that both the front and rear cameras start recording if movement is detected.  The snag with this is that could run the main Battery down so that the car will not start.  I power mine from a USB power pack to avoid this and, as the cameras are in sleep mode, the power pack does power it for quite a while.

The other option would be a tracker which emails you when the car is moved, if the police is on the ball they might just catch them dismantling the car.  

Having said all that it is really down to luck which in truth is mostly and bad luck.

• Like 1

This is very similar case to the cat converters theft.
No alarm or any other device can deter., except a cover and Badge removal to make the car less attractive.  
Once the low lives spot it on and decided to stop by, that’s it , the cover will only slow them down a bit and if conditions allow they will do everything to cut it off.  The alarms are absolutely no help, these men are always two or more, has heavy tools ready to use as weapons and ready to fight even with the police if officers are no armed. Public will not and should not approach and deal with them ,  Neighbours or yourself too, because they will return and endanger you and your family. The other reason why many people do not call police or notice anything strange is because some of these lovely sons are dressed as pro mechanics wearing yellow high vis vests, gloves, face masks and work shoes, they do look indeed as a mobile mechanics working on a car. I had few times now police patrol car stopping next to me while I was working on the car front of my house, after a quick chat they left smiling, I was happy too that they made a note and pulled over to make sure no theft is happening. When you see something like that is going on many times is better to think about yourself first and then about your property, no matter how much you like it. 👍

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

I think some kind of  bonnet trigger for an alarm would be the first thing  i would be looking for if its happened once it may happen aging.

Your right, many premises are burgled a second time weeks after the first burglary as they know the company will have re-equipped the place  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

This is very similar case to the cat converters theft.
No alarm or any other device can deter., except a cover and badge removal to make the car less attractive.  

When i looked into buying the Yaris i found this thread by accident and it put my mind at rest. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hornet3D said:

Your right, many premises are burgled a second time weeks after the first burglary as they know the company will have re-equipped the place  

I wonder if it is possible to add a bonnet trigger to the existing alarm if not its going to be an expensive job but i guess less expensive than paying the excess and the increased in your insurance policy should it happen again.

Very good points Tony, especially the highlighting of the danger of confronting these sorts when vulnerable or alone.

And the danger of them returning to harm innocent people.

They (the tea leaves) are generally so jaw droppingly stupid that they will carry out threats and violence even on people who have nothing to do with reporting a crime to the police.

They just think with their twisted logic that anyone even near where they commit crime is fair game for retribution whether or not it makes any sense, and of course completely ignoring the fact that reporting crime is a legitimate act in the first place.

The fear of this should not prevent the reporting of crime though, otherwise the criminals have won.

The exception of course being in some areas where they have already won.

And yes, the hi Viz gear,a lot of thieves of building materials too, dress up this way to become invisible, the opposite purpose for which it was designed.

• Like 3

How could one secure their car from this sort of theft? Mine's in an underground carpark in my flat, with gates which are stuck open because the management company haven't paid invoices to the gate company. Bikes stolen with such brazen attacks as to angle grind through the locks and bike racks without a single interruption...I feel I need armed guard to keep mine safe. 

• Sad 1

On 9/10/2022 at 11:46 AM, Georgey Porgey said:

So This Happened About 2am This Morning To My Wife's 22 Plate Toyota Yaris.

My Wife Is A Care Worker At A Nursing Home & She Found Her Car With The Front End Gone. We Have Front & Rear Nextbase Dash Cameras From & Fitted By Toyota But Nothing Picked Up

So Please Secure Your Cars.

IMG_20220910_072959.thumb.jpg.90266ff1dd10ab86f630a0e129ca69c0.jpgIMG_20220910_073012.thumb.jpg.e76ef0a0b61df07a2d81cd364f64191b.jpg

Just for information my other half Yaris had a Nextbase dash camera installed by Toyota pre delivery but they don't activate the parking mode of the camera, so my default the parking mode is set to Off, same happened with my RAV4 had to activate the option afterwards.

• Like 1

Usually the cameras are wired to the ignition so it's not an option; I suspect most dealers wouldn't even know how to configure it!

Ones that use a 3-wire power supply would be able to, but given the 12v Battery drain issues a lot of hybrid owners have, enabling that feature would just risk it draining even faster, unless a secondary Battery for the camera was also installed or something.

The Nextbase dash cameras fitted by Toyota dealers can have there own rechargeable Battery installed in the front camera for powering the parking mode.

The Battery is also user replaceable in the future.

• Like 2

Oh good point, I keep forgetting some dashcams have batteries in them! :laugh: 

I'm so used to the capacitors in my Viofo!

How long does the internal Battery last for if it's left in parking mode...?

I know this is off topic but where did you get the wind deflectors from on the windows ? 

I don't get what the thief's get out doing this? Have they purchased a written off Yaris for cheap and use the parts to try and fix it? 

22 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

I know this is off topic but where did you get the wind deflectors from on the windows ? 

I don't get what the thief's get out doing this? Have they purchased a written off Yaris for cheap and use the parts to try and fix it? 

Wind deflector are heko from eBay.

Must of got a written off car or someone had a front end & decided to strip ours.

• Like 1

First clip in this video is a white yaris getting hit, looks just like yours after it was stripped off . 

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with these people found out they did another Yaris 2 days before ours & I've just seen another NHS member of staff had gets done in a carpark in the city center too. This is madness.

It seems like nhs and most hospitals car parks are favoured by the thieves. Perhaps no security and patients not interested of been involved in dealing with car things.