Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 2010 Mileage

immersivemarketing

Sorry,in a playful mood.😄

seriously though, from what I read,any well maintained Toyota apart from the known problem ones such as BMW diesel engined seem to last a couple of hundred thousand miles if they are not rusted out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The funnier thing is that's not a bad ballpark figure :laugh: 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, immersivemarketing said:

How many miles Toyota Avensis 2010 Saloon can last???

A friend of mine just passed 250,000 miles in his 2012 Avensis recently.  As with any car  they will last you a long time if you look after them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oisin said:

A friend of mine just passed 250,000 miles in his 2012 Avensis recently.  As with any car  they will last you a long time if you look after them.

did it have much work done to it eg new  turbo etc 

Got a lift in a mans taxi, avensis diesel whilst on holidays in Donegal about four years ago, 07 i think it was, 670,000 miles, he owned a 2012 as well, i think it was on 250,000 if my memory serves me. He said the younger car had a lot of work done to it. They are capable of big miles if looked after i guess.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, 2009joe said:

did it have much work done to it eg new  turbo etc 

2 injectors I think at around 200k

Still original turbo

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 2009joe said:

No not a waste of money.  I use Dipetane fuel treatment in every tank of diesel.  It helps with reducing emissions and carbon build up too.  Liqui-Moly also make some good fuel additives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oisin said:

No not a waste of money.  I use Dipetane fuel treatment in every tank of diesel.  It helps with reducing emissions and carbon build up too.  Liqui-Moly also make some good fuel additives.

think might need to use one for my dpf as i hardly drive my car long drives tbh u any ideas what one to get will that Dipetane fuel treatment only do fuel system and i should get dpf cleaner 

Fuel treatment add at least once or twice a year to a full tank of fuel before mot time.

I dont use this on new systems using addblue.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 2009joe said:

think might need to use one for my dpf as i hardly drive my car long drives tbh u any ideas what one to get will that Dipetane fuel treatment only do fuel system and i should get dpf cleaner 

A good high speed drive every now and then should keep the DPF clean.  The theory of dipetane is that it results in a more complete fuel burn, therefore less emissions/soot build up.

Many people have gotten cars that failed NCT/MOT on emissions to pass using dipetane alone.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Oisin said:

A good high speed drive every now and then should keep the DPF clean.  The theory of dipetane is that it results in a more complete fuel burn, therefore less emissions/soot build up.

Many people have gotten cars that failed NCT/MOT on emissions to pass using dipetane alone.

where do you buy that stuff from . im kina wondering will it hurt the head gasket as tbh i used that stuff on my last car and liquid molly engine flush etc and well my head gasket on my last car a vw 1.9tdi engine head went at 125k tbh that was low for those engines i kina blamed liquid molly  diesel purge as i used that stuff every year on my car 

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

where do you buy that stuff from . im kina wondering will it hurt the head gasket as tbh i used that stuff on my last car and liquid molly engine flush etc and well my head gasket on my last car a vw 1.9tdi engine head went at 125k tbh that was low for those engines i kina blamed liquid molly  diesel purge as i used that stuff every year on my car 

Any good auto parts should have dipetane.  You can mix it in to any fuel at 1:200 ratio.  It is not a fuel additive but a fuel treatment/lubricant.  Using this would have no effect on the head gasket.

Engine flush is not recommended unless the car has had regular flushes since new.  Shifting old sludge can cause lots of problems.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 8:03 PM, Oisin said:

Any good auto parts should have dipetane.  You can mix it in to any fuel at 1:200 ratio.  It is not a fuel additive but a fuel treatment/lubricant.  Using this would have no effect on the head gasket.

Engine flush is not recommended unless the car has had regular flushes since new.  Shifting old sludge can cause lots of problems.

Hi @Oisin, how many mls would that be in a T27 full tank of diesel, or how many liters does a T27 (2011) hold. I have always figured it was around 45 or something.

18 hours ago, Jim-p said:

Hi @Oisin, how many mls would that be in a T27 full tank of diesel, or how many liters does a T27 (2011) hold. I have always figured it was around 45 or something.

Tank size is 60 litres, so for a full tank of fuel you would be adding 300ml of dipetane.  Generally I fill my car with diesel, then check the pump for how many litres were added, then add enough dipetane for that many litres.  Ratio is 1:200.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Oisin said:

Tank size is 60 litres, so for a full tank of fuel you would be adding 300ml of dipetane.  Generally I fill my car with diesel, then check the pump for how many litres were added, then add enough dipetane for that many litres.  Ratio is 1:200.

Where u get that stuff and do u think is it any difference than that redex stuff .

12 hours ago, 2009joe said:

Where u get that stuff and do u think is it any difference than that redex stuff .

Any good auto parts should have dipetane.  It is made in Wicklow.  Dipetane is not a fuel additive, it is a fuel treatment.  It works by preventing carbon buildup rather than cleaning it.  It makes the fuel burn cleaner.  It also lubricates the fuel system, as low sulphur diesel does not have good lubricating properties.  It can be used in diesel, petrol, and kerosene.

I would still recommend running a bottle of Liqui Moly super diesel additive or fuel system cleaner every so often to keep the fuel system clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oisin said:

Any good auto parts should have dipetane.  It is made in Wicklow.  Dipetane is not a fuel additive, it is a fuel treatment.  It works by preventing carbon buildup rather than cleaning it.  It makes the fuel burn cleaner.  It also lubricates the fuel system, as low sulphur diesel does not have good lubricating properties.  It can be used in diesel, petrol, and kerosene.

I would still recommend running a bottle of Liqui Moly super diesel additive or fuel system cleaner every so often to keep the fuel system clean.

i when i change my diesel filter i would fill up the diesel filter up with that liquid molly diesel purge .i know there is ways of bypassing the filter and running it direct into the engine but to difficult for me since this toyota has about 5 pipes going in to the diesel filter lol. compared to my last car a vw 1.9tdi she was a geat going yoke .i would be really happy if this toyota lasts as long and with less bother .i found with my vw 1.9tdi stupis things broke. like window regulators, track rod ends,steering rack    tbh not  a wild amount of problems 

• Like 1