Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn aygo into a van

Rob dodd

Hi could I by law change my aygo into a small van as I have 2 dogs and think it would be easier to transport them also who do I have to inform 

Thanks rob

What is it you want to physically change to make it a van, can’t you just fold the seats down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, alan333 said:

What is it you want to physically change to make it a van, can’t you just fold the seats down?

I would imagine the least you have to do is to replace the rear windows with metal sheeting.

5 minutes ago, Hornet3D said:

I would imagine the least you have to do is to replace the rear windows with metal sheeting.

Would most likely also need some form of barrier / wall to section off driver's compartment. (look at the commercial versions of Corolla and Land Cruiser for example)

What do you hope to achieve?

Aygo is certificated as a small hatchback 4 seater car so just fold the rear seats down & stick the dogs in the back.

The yaris, Auris and Corolla all have conversion kits to make them car derived vans, as long as you can make it removable or "non-permanent" no issue

toyota russia

• Like 1

Do you have to declare it? I would have thought you could modify it however you want and the DVLA wouldn't care as long as the engine is the same and you haven't added doors or changed the drivetrain significantly or something.

Usually the only people you really have to inform about changes is the insurance company!

As said, a few owners have removed rear seats in the past for whatever and also you could dark tint rear windows/hatch, this was even done on some late model MK1s by the manufacturers but mention changes to your insurer. As flash says if you do make sure it easily undone/removable cos if you ever sell the car this one sure fire way to loose money and/or limit the market. 

• 4 weeks later...

As others have said, fold the seats down. If you want to level the floor out then use ply to make a floor casing. As for the rear window don't remove the glass just screw on a dog cage sheet on the inside of the boot lid. On the glass you can tint it or use the frosty glass spray.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links