Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Air Pressure Warning Light ?

152bobby

This came on yesterday, driving back from the coast.

Pulled over, all tyres looked fine.

Left the car overnight, as no point in checking tyre pressures during a 100 mile trip when they are all hot.

So, checked the car today, all look ok, no nails etc, took it to the BP garage and checked the tyre pressures as per the info on the inside driver's door pillar.  They were only 1 bar out, so topped them up anyway.  Took it for a drive and turned the engine off and on and the warning light is still showing !!

I would have expected for something to show up on the myT app, because I thought this was the whole point of the app !!

Not much else I can do !!

1 BAR = 14.5 psi so if that is true then they were way out !

Once you top them up you need to reset the TPM system before you drive off.

RTFM for the Aygo X for the location of the button.

36 minutes ago, martswain said:

1 BAR = 14.5 psi so if that is true then they were way out !

Once you top them up you need to reset the TPM system before you dive off.

RTFM for the Aygo X for the location of the button.

Thanks

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Thanks

I actually just worked out what RTFM means !!!

I HAVE read (some) of manual, NOT every section and page !! And my manual is back with the dealer because I'm getting a replacement car.

You can keep crap comments like that to yourself mate. 

I don't think the replier meant it in a sarcy/condescending way - These days the F is usually retroactively changed to 'Fine' rather than the more... aggressive meaning :laugh: 

In this case just take it to mean "I don't know off-hand but the details are in the manual" :laugh: 

BTW does the Aygox have active TPMS sensors or passive ones? If they're active you shouldn't need to reset them once the tyres are topped up.

If they're passive, they usually work by the system checking if one wheel is turning more than the others, the idea being that a under-inflated tyre has a smaller circumference than a fully inflated tyre so has to turn faster, but it can be fooled by having tyres which have different tread depths or wear levels.

On the bright side it doesn't need 4x£70+ TPMS sensors...!

Yes, I know, caught me at a bad moment, so no harm done 👍

It's great having this TPMS on cars, but how much more would it have cost to let the driver know which wheel has the issue ? The car OBVIOUSLY knows, so why keep it a secret from us 😂

• Like 1

You find a TMPS reset switch in one of your car display menus.

My car shows what tyre is down on pressure but one on 2  PSi out it wont trip it takes about 4 or 5 psi for it to inform me with lower part of the tyre in red plus all four tyre pressures are displayed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, martswain said:

Haha, it's a standard response to so many questions.

Let me spoon feed you further.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/customer/manuals

Don't get you BAR and PSI mixed up or you'll be either have something too stiff or too soft.

I thought it was usually shown as RTFB!!

Donrald

I have not mixed up PSI or BAR you have the option to change it on the car as one of the pump units I use it only displays in PSI and with no option to change it on the air inflator I changed it around within the car settings.

I checked my friend's tyre pressures after they had topped up at a petrol station.

I kicked them first of course, and it was like kicking a house brick.

Using my gauge the tyres read around 70 psi , surprised that they got home without bursting any.

Dunno what 3.2 bar is in PSI, my gauge is in the car, but maybe they had read 3.2 as 32 PSI, the mind boggles.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2022 at 5:08 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

I actually just worked out what RTFM means !!!

I HAVE read (some) of manual, NOT every section and page !! And my manual is back with the dealer because I'm getting a replacement car.

You can keep crap comments like that to yourself mate. 

I agree with you Bobby it’s an unnecessary & inappropriate thing for this forum. Hopefully it won’t appear again. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links